We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 265 Posts
    Hi all,

I recently moved an Evo 1.0.5 site to a new server and PHx has stopped working. Haven't changed a thing with PHx in the manager, but any data previously generated by PHx is just not appearing at the new location.

Here's the current server setup:
    Apache version 2.2.21
    PHP version 5.3.8
    MySQL version 5.1.56-log

The phx directory is set to 755, Template Service Events set at OnParseDocument.

Here's the previous server setup:
    Apache: 2.2.3
    PHP version 5.2.17
    MySQL version 5.0.77

Could the server difference here be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance [ed. note: rootsdiv last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
      • 589 Posts
      Quote from: rootsdiv at Jan 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
      Hi all,
      I recently moved an Evo 1.0.5 site to a new server and PHx has stopped working. Haven't changed a thing with PHx in the manager, but any data previously generated by PHx is just not appearing at the new location.

Here's the current server setup:
      PHP version 5.3.8

Here's the previous server setup:
      PHP version 5.2.17

Could the server difference here be causing the problem?

Yes - probably the PHP version. Anything noteworthy inside Reports|System Events ?
        • 265 Posts
        Thanks for replying. There's loads of System Event entries for PHx, 14 pages to be precise. Here's an example:
        syntax error, unexpected T_NS_SEPARATOR, expecting T_STRING

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NS_SEPARATOR, expecting T_STRING in /home/behrenss/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(790) : eval()'d code on line 10

Any ideas from this?
        I could most likely get the host to upgrade the php version, they're great for support.
        Thanks
          • 589 Posts
          Quote from: rootsdiv at Jan 18, 2012, 02:43 PM
          syntax error, unexpected T_NS_SEPARATOR, expecting T_STRING
          Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NS_SEPARATOR, expecting T_STRING in
          /home/behrenss/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(790) : eval()'d code on line 10
          Any ideas from this?

Hm, something is quite wrong on the line 10 of an unknown PHx custom modifier / snippet.
          It could be any of the following:
          - phx:custom_mod snippet was saved while PHP Magic Quotes on (default on 5.3, needs to be off)
          - PHx plugin files damaged
          ...etc

I could most likely get the host to upgrade the php version, they're great for support.

You mean downgrade back to PHP5.2?
            • 265 Posts
            Hi, sorry for the delayed response.

It's strange as I simply did a straight forward port, didn't apply any exotic chmod setting, and I certainly haven't changed any code.

Yes - probably the PHP version
            Which version would you recommend?

I guess a possible solution would be to just rename this install of PHx to make it invisible, and then do a fresh PHx install and see if it works. That way we'd find out if it's a server issue - a process of elimination. Sound like a plan to you? [ed. note: rootsdiv last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
              • 24,544 Posts
              Yes, there may be an updated version of PHX that works with more recent PHP versions.

BTW, I think I have seen that error caused by magic_quotes_gpc being turned on.

Another option would be to paste the PHX code into a really good code editor (e.g., PhpStorm, NetBeans, or PhpEd) and see if it highlights any errors.

FYI, MODX Revolution has PHX built into the core.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using . . . PLEASE!
              MODx info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/MODx.html [ed. note: BobRay last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 265 Posts
                Hi BobRay,

Thanks for the reply, was away from the site for the entire weekend, lucky me wink I'll act on what you say here, magic quotes/error highlighting etc.

Regarding PHx in Revo, I have seen that before, probably posted by you - so can I assume that if i run a PHx call in Revo, without adding any extra/plugin, that it would work just the same as it would in Evo?

(you may have mentioned this in your book, which I'm about to buy)