We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I've been battling this since I installed 2.2.0-pl (any version) on an existing site in a sub-directory with intent to develop and convert the existing static site to MODX. I actually installed this through the quick install from cpanel, which was 2.1.x (something). I did this so that I could allow quick install to generate an admin password which would be sent to me by email as a fail safe admin account just in case this happened (has happened before on test installs with 2.2) and to let Quick Install automatically create the database. It's quick and simple this way and I haven't had any problems in the past with Quick Install and MODX.

So I then upgraded to 2.2.0-pl (not sure how I got that version, but it's what I downloaded about an hour after the announcement that 2.2.0-pl was available). I then had some issues, and upgraded to 2.2.0-pl2 which worked much better.

But none of the new users I create can log in.

I've created a new user 5 times now. Deleting the one that doesn't work, using my own password, and having the password sent to me via email or making an entirely different user & pw. I can NOT log in with any new user/pw I create. The only user that can log in is the admin user with the generated password. Which I'm very glad I still have documentation in the email for to log in with.

This install is on shared Hostgator hosting running:

Apache
    PHP
    5.2.17 and 5.3.9
    (dual environment)
    MySQL

Thank you for any ideas! [ed. note: frogabog last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
    • Bump? I still can't access the manager with any user other than the admin that was originally setup by quick install.

Anyone?
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        • 36 Posts
        • Yes, it was permissions for the new users that was preventing login. Which apparently is a product of the Quick Install because when I install manually, it doesn't occur. As I'm usually the only one who uses the installation, I haven't mucked about with permissions yet. Time to figure it out, eh?

I forgot to mark this as solved, sorry.

Thank you for the link to Shaun McCormick's video. I hadn't seen that one yet.