We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    May be an edge case issue but Jay asked me to note it here so:

Got a call from a relatively new client this morning. They have an install of 2.2rc2 - not installed by me. Having removed a couple of packages, one of which was Articles (1.01) they got the following error on their homepage.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function parsetpl() in /home/sites/domain.com/public_html/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/3.include.cache.php on line 473

(path has been changed to protect the innocent)

Asked them to clear the cache, no change. Went in myself and manually removed the cache (its not a production site yet obviously), no change. Figured it must be something deeper.

Asked the client what had changed since it last worked and they told me they had uninstalled 2 packages, Articles and Cookielist (0.99).

Googled the error and it turned to that a bug had been filed with the exact same error about a year ago (http://bugs.modx.com/issues/544), the solution given by Shaun was to re-install getResources which I had the client do and sure enough, issue sorted.

Client had getResources 1.42 installed - simply reinstalling was the fix so I assume something in the Articles uninstall had a negative effect on getResources.

As a side note I had posted a bug in Articles before with apparent conflicts between its dependent extras and the dependent extras installed with a previous install of Blogging Essentials. I got that sorted myself by removing those packages separately and then installing Articles. Perhaps the Articles installer could run a check to see if Blogging Essentials was installed before executing and advise its removal if found before the install proceeds.

Now have client upgrading to 2.2 pl smiley
    • Subbed to the topic in case blogging essentials has anything to do with it.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 93 Posts
        I should add that in the case this morning, Blogging Essentials had never been installed.
        • getResources is likely uninstalled with articles as it is installed with Articles (even if it's installed already I think.) Ideally, Articles should have an uninstaller that lets you select the included addons to leave in place.
            Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub