We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 87 Posts
    After upgrading to Revo 2.2, I created a new media source and applied it to TV' to correct image path problems. All went ok.
    Now for whatever reason, the media Source I created doesn't display in the list. The Manager is telling me 'Displaying 1-1 of 2' except the only media source I see is 'Filesystem'.

Also related to this, when in the 'Files' tab, the only media source that's displayed is 'Filesystem'. Any ideas what the problem is?

• 4,149 Posts
      Did you protect the media source at all?
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 87 Posts
        I did set it so the 'Client Administrator' user group could access this new media source.

I removed this setting and now everything seems to be behaving as it should.

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? Also, if I removed the ability for the Client Admin user group to access this media source, why can users from the client admin user group still access it (via the Files tab)?

• 87 Posts
          What if I didn't want clients to access the entire Filesystem? I only want them to access 'safe' files which is basically the new Media Source I created. Can this be done?
            • 4,149 Posts
            Media Sources are open to all unless you assign a User Group to them. Then once you do, it restricts them to those User Groups they are assigned to.

If you want users to only access parts of the filesystem, then create a separate Media Source that only restricts them to a certain directory. Then add them to a User Group, and assign that UG to the new media source.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 87 Posts
              OK ...I think Im just tired. Otherwise this process is just strange.

If I go to Media Sources, select one and 'update':

"Here you can restrict a Media Source to specific User Groups and apply policies for those User Groups. A Media Source with no User Groups attached to it is available to all manager users."

If I Update a User Group, and go to Media Sources tab:

"Here you can set which Media Sources this User Group can access."

So which one should I be doing, because it seems one cancels out the other (or vice versa). I dont this Media Sources assignment process.

Here's my scenario:
              I have a Client Administrator User Group, and I only want them to be able to access the 'Uploads' Media Source. I do however want my Adminstrator User Group to not have any restrictions (Im the Admin). Which way am I supposed to do this? By the 'restrict method or by editing media Source? [ed. note: graves007 last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
                • 230 Posts
                Sorry for my English.

I did so

Assign you (admin) to Client Administrator User Group
                or
                Assign Adminstrator User Group to 'Uploads' Media Source