We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or maybe I'm just doing things that are no longer allowed in the new 2.2.0.

What I had when it was working:
    - I had a Chunk that had the call for getResources.
    - I would call the Chunk and it would output the list of resources.

Now:
    - When I call the Chunk (cached or uncached) it outputs everything correctly for getResources except the &limit parameter doesn't work.
    - I copy and paste the getResources call into a Resource instead of call the Chunk and it works fine.

So when I have getResources in a Chunk and call the Chunk instead, &limit is ignored and it gets all the resources from &parents.

If it is a bug, I'm not sure if it's Revo 2.2.0 or getResources 1.4.2.
      • 81 Posts
      Could some one that has Revo 2.2.0 and getResources 1.4.2 please try this to let me know if it's a bug or not?

Create a Chunk.
      Put this in the chunk (you'll need to change &parents and &tpl ):

[[!getResources? &parents=`123` &limit=`2` &tpl=`myRowTpl` ]]

Then call the Chunk.

Does it ignore the &limit parameter?

It may be a 2.2.0 bug because it didn't ignore the parameter in 2.1.5.
      • I cannot reproduce this at all using MODX 2.2.0-pl2 and getResources 1.4.2-pl. It produces the same result within or without the Chunk for me. I think something else must be at play here.
          • 81 Posts
          Maybe it got fixed with 2.2.0-pl to 2.2.0-pl2. But it fixed itself the day after I upgraded to 2.2.0-pl2 and saving different snippets trying to figure it out.

I had 2.2.0-pl and then went back to 2.1.5 and then back up to 2.2.0-pl2. The problem still existed, but it may have fixed itself by clearing the cache when I saved the different snippets.

opengeek Thank you for testing it on your end for me.