We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Morning All,

I'm developing with a fresh install of 2.2pl in a subdirectory of a live site. I plan to convert this static site to MODX although I am not sure if I will move it out of the subdirectory or not at this time. So far I'm thrilled with the static resource option and seriously loving 2.2 very much because I prefer to work in Notepad++ as opposed to rich text editors.

I am having an issue with changing the default "home" resource document's template. Every time I attempt to change the template, it tells me it's only saved temporarily and I chose "ok". At this point, the manager page re-loads and the template reverts back to the default template. I've tried all the standard solutions I can think of (clearing cache, flushing permissions, logout, etc.) with no joy. It always reverts back to the default template. I can't delete the template unless I delete the resource that is using it. Due to the fact that I'm using the modx-boilerplate, some of the settings refer to ID 1 and I would prefer to maintain the home page as ID 1, thus... no deleting of the resource.

While it's not the end of the world and I can work around the issue obviously by setting the home page at 2 instead of 1 and creating a new home page, or by simply editing the default template to match the one I intend to use, I wanted to point it out and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Thank you,

Kori
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • The above referenced thread has the solution, thank you. I used the site settings solution.

I do notice however that the option to save the resource is not available after the page re-loads. If one doesn't save the resource, the template change is not saved and reverts back.

I can save the resource easily by making any character modifications, as once that occurs, the save option is available.

Bug, or intentional?
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          • 4,149 Posts
          Bug, can you report here: http://bugs.modx.com/projects/revo/issues/
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • Another save issue...

Can't seem to save resources as a child resource. Tried with both the context menu and manually in settings. Save is highlighted, but no save occurs. Ctrl+s doesn't work either.

I can't seem to figure out how to post bugs as referenced above. I can read about them, but how do I post one of my own?

edit: Above issue figuring out to to post bugs is resolved. I'm in the process of reporting these bugs right now. Can I call it major priority? Saving seems pretty important to me... Should this be reported together, or is it two different bugs?

I also noticed that if one doesn't chose a specific file as the static resource, save is not allowed (as above, save highlights but does nothing). This might be intentional, and would make sense. Not sure if that's a bug or not.

Thanks again. [ed. note: frogabog last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]