We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Hi, I have three issues that are keeping me from using Quip for a project.

1. Replies don't sort in descending order when comments do.
    2. Remove does not work.
    3. Comments are closing even with &closeAfter=`0` is set (yes cleared cache).

I've setup Quip for another project that is more of a blog and it's running well. Not this time for some reason.

I'm looking for a simple commenting system for a community discussion sort of Facebook-like. Just a rolling set of comments and replies in descending order. Quip kind of does it. Disqus would work but it's public and requires a second login...

Does anyone have any idea what the commenting system is in these forums? It seems pretty good.

I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks.
      • 4,149 Posts
      Can you report the Quip issues here so they can get fixed? http://bugs.modx.com/projects/Quip/issues/

This forum is run on Discuss, a custom native forum for Revo that is not publically released yet.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 70 Posts
        Will do.
          • 70 Posts
          Sorry splittingred but I can't login to the bugs reporting site. Login works fine on Modx.com.

Remove link throws this URL:

… discussion.html?quip_comment=58&quip_remove=1

But comment is not removed.

Also just upgraded to v2.2 and I get some odd code thrown in when I have threading turned on.

<h3>Comments (2)</h3>

<div id="quip-topofcomments-qcom"></div>

- <em>Unapproved</em>`]]
                  </span>
              </p>

Modx 2.2pl,
          Quip 2.2pl
          PHP 5.2.17
          MySQL 5.0.92
            • 70 Posts
            Also get these errors in log every time I refresh page with Quip on it:

[2012-01-05 18:32:04] (ERROR @ /index.php) `` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()
            [2012-01-05 18:32:04] (ERROR @ /index.php) `` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()
            [2012-01-05 18:32:05] (ERROR @ /index.php) `` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()

FURL on or off. Only happens on page with Quip on it.
              • 70 Posts
              Hi I'm still having this issue.

`` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()

Comments still can't be removed. Does anyone else have this problem?
                • 14 Posts
                Hello, i too am getting that code
                <div class="quip">
                <h3>
                <div id="quip-topofcomments-qcom"/>
                 - 
                <em>
                `]] 
                <p/>

and i can't find where to fix it, and the unclosed div is playing havoc with my theme. Also, there are no comments waiting approval, and so i don't understand why they are coming up as unapproved when they have been and there is nothing in the queue awaiting approval.

modx version: MODX Revolution 2.2.4-pl (traditional)
                quip: 2.3.1

there is a div i can remove in quipcomment.chunk.tpl that resolves the mismatched divs issue but then it causes a mismatch div in the articles.template.
                  • 181 Posts
                  Quote from: kevince52 at Jan 05, 2012, 06:33 PM
                  Also get these errors in log every time I refresh page with Quip on it:

[2012-01-05 18:32:05] (ERROR @ /index.php) `` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl()

FURL on or off. Only happens on page with Quip on it.
                  I just had this problem. The Guestbook I created with Quip worked, but for every comment on the page I got one of these error messages. I added the replyResourceId parameter to the Quip snippet call (just forgot it before), and the error messages vanished. And the reply links showed up in the comments - I hadn't even noticed that they were missing... smiley

Cheers,
                  Jan
                    This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.