We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • One of my websites is now presenting this strange error 500.

My log says:

[03-Jan-2012 13:23:52] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function addHtml() on a non-object in /home/*****/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/10.include.cache.php on line 55

This only happens when browsing for resource from TinyMCE, if I use the file browser from a template variable it works correctly.

I tried uninstalling TinyMCE and reinstalling it again and it didn't work. I also deleted the cache directory but that did not work either.

I'm certain it is not a server issue because I have other modx websites running on the same server and they all work correctly.

I cross checked all the settings with other working modx sites on the same server and settings are identical, so it doesn't seem to be a setting issue.

I feel I might have a corrupted file somewhere but thought I would post here before I re-uploaded and reinstalled.

Thanks.

Jose R. Lopez
    • Well, I just reuploaded all files and reinstalled. I made sure everything was transfered correctly. The problem persists. I can't get the file manager to work.

I tried this url:

http://****.com/manager/?a=3

It works on all other websites (on the same server), it brings up the manager, but it wont work on this particular website. So I am clueless where or what to look for next to fix this.

I appreciate any directions.

Jose R. Lopez
      • I've been testing further and when I disable TinyMCE, then the error stops showing up and I get a blank page instead. So it does seems related to TinyMCE.

I'm not exactly sure how it works but I am assuming TinyMCE has a way of calling the file manager within modx and since the file manager on its own is working correctly it seems that it is TinyMCE that is somehow not properly working with the filemanager on this website.
        • Alright, I fixed it. It seems to be a bug on the latest version of TinyMCE: 4.3.1

I realized on the websites I had it working correctly I still had the previous version: 4.3.0, so I completely removed the latest one I had installed here and installed 4.3.0 instead and all is working correctly.

So if you are having similar issues with TinyMCE try to roll back to a previous version.

Jose R. Lopez
          • Since I do not think duplicating the thread on the TinyMCE forum would be ideal, if a moderator would kindly move this thread there instead I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Here is where it should go (I think):

http://forums.modx.com/board/?board=87
              • 3 Posts
              Hi! I had the same problem. When click on button for browsing from TinyMCE. in img and link sections - I received blank page in FireFox, and error 500 in Chrome.

Rolling back to Tiny 4.3.0 solved the problem!

Thanks