We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 572 Posts
    Hi,

I have been having issues with the package management for quite a while. I can upload and unpack packages manually so it's not a massive issue but now i can't use Components such as Ditsnews and Gallery.

This is happening with 2.1.3 and 2.1.5

Heres what's happening...
    Package Management
    I get to the 'Package Retiever and it says it's downloading but then i get a message like:
    "Could not download package at: http://modx.com/extras/download/?id=4d924246f24554118400004c"
    "Could not download package at: http://modx.com/extras/download/?id=4e789d67f24554722d000118"

Components
    I have installed these manually but when i go to create either an album (Gallery extra) or a news group (DitsNews) the save bar starts but then just ends and the popup box just stays there on the screen.

I can only think this must be a server config issue and wonder if anyone could suggest what it might be or if there's any info i can provide that might help?

Thanks

J

www.9thwave.co.uk
         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
      • 67 Posts
      I'm having this same issue on a fresh install. Anyone have any insight into this issue?
        • 572 Posts
        Hi,

Sorry to bump but i would really like to solve this issue i'm having and can only put it down to server config issues. If i can provide any information at all in order to get to the bottom of this please let me know.

Thanks for any help

J [ed. note: 9thwave last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]
          www.9thwave.co.uk
             WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
          • 572 Posts
          further to my last email i have just installed the latest Revo 2.2.0 and everything appears to work as it should...so whatever prevented the previous version from working has now been fixed....really nice updates to the UI too smiley
          One aspect i would just like clarification on is whether the errors i had whilst installing packages are anything detrimental;
          getResources:
          ".....Could not cache system settings.
          Successfully installed package getresources-1.4.2-pl"

DitsNews:
          "...Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
          Could not load package metadata for package ditsnews...."

Cheers

J
            www.9thwave.co.uk
               WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
          • Not being able to cache the system settings is definitely a problem. Try clearing your core/cache/ directory of all files and folders and then reload the manager to see if those messages still occur when installing something.
              • 572 Posts
              Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.
              Well that has sorted the error out for getResources.
              Should the core/cache directory be manually emptied from time to time or was this merely an exception?
                www.9thwave.co.uk
                   WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
              • Should not be necessary to manually clear the cache, but perhaps you copied the site (for an upgrade?) or permissions got changed on the existing files somehow?
                  • 572 Posts
                  ah yes it was imported from local development.
                  Thanks very much, so pleased modx finally works on my server:-)
                    www.9thwave.co.uk
                       WEB | DESIGN | PRINT