We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 202 Posts
    My site is blank. The Manager is fine. All appears to be working except the site.

Upgraded two sites from MODX 2.1.3 to 2.2RC2. One with multiple contexts works; it displays all 3 contexts as expected.

It's this other single context site that isn't displaying the front end. Plain old white blank page.

I forget what this might be solved with. Help me remember, please.

Thanks.
    • Clear your site cache folder ({root}/core/cache/) and they try again.
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • 202 Posts
        I did that before I ran setup. In the past when I neglected to delete all core/cache/ files, it affected the Manager only.
        • Did you review your ModX error log and web server error log?
            • 202 Posts
            No, but I did just now:

[2011-12-20 03:13:15] (ERROR @ /var/www/vhosts/organnex.com/httpdocs/core/model/modx/processors/element/propertyset/get.php : 54) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Line 54 of that file:
                    foreach($property['options'] as &$option) {
                        if (empty($option['text']) && !empty($option['name'])) $option['text'] = $option['name'];
                        $option['text'] = !empty($property['lexicon']) ? $modx->lexicon($option['text']) : $option['text'];
                    }

I checked out my property sets and wondered if the new context property was causing my snippets not to load. I changed all my snippets to the default 'web` context since they were blank.

I tried the site in Chrome and it gave me an actual error message:
            HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

• The initial error you posted is not a problem, but something else is causing your webserver to return a 500 error; likely a FATAL PHP error that is being logged somewhere else or not at all (because it may be crashing the web server and be unable to report it).
                • 202 Posts
                I don't know where to begin. I restarted the server, figuring that might help, but not really because I have 2.2RC2 on 2 sites.

Site #1 is working. It was an upgrade from 2.2rc1. Site#2 - the one not working on the front end at the topic of this thread - was an upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.2RC2. Both were traditional installs. I followed the same procedure for each.
                • What about pushing up all the files for the upgrade (or install you did) and then re-run the setup process, often when using FTP and transferring that number of files something goes haywire and simply re-pushing the files clears the error.
                    • 202 Posts
                    Could be, but I'm so sick and tired up FTPing, then unZipping, then this and that. I am FTPFatigued, even moreso when another domain on the same server has no errors of any kind, not even to the various contexts.
                      • 202 Posts
                      I tried reinstalling and then doing a fresh install on the same database with a different prefix of course.

Nothing.

I created a new database and then installed 2.2RC2 into a subdomain. Worked.

Must be something wrong with that database? Got corrupted somehow?

Anyways, I'm dropping this issue.