We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    I'm working with Evolution I've been through all the relevant posts in the sticky and in this subforum and searched around, but I'm having real difficulties displaying mutiple galleries on the same page successfully, I need two, one for car photos, and one beneath it with photos of faults to the vehicle.

Current Stock
    Mercedes
    Ferarri
    Bentley...

I've kind of got things working using
    [!MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &pics_per_row=`5` &max_thumb_size=`128` &max_pic_size=`600` &keep_bigimg=`1` &galleryPictureTpl=`thumbnail` &view_gallery=`[[getGallery]]` &manage_target=`[[getGallery]]`!] 
    [!MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &pics_per_row=`5` &max_thumb_size=`128` &max_pic_size=`600` &keep_bigimg=`1` &galleryPictureTpl=`thumbnail` &view_gallery=`[[getFaults]]` &manage_target=`[[getFaults]]`!]

where the [[getGallery]] and [[getFaults]] snippets work out first and second child of the car stock page, two resources containing the two galleries with the following call on each
    [!MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &pics_per_row=`5` &max_thumb_size=`128` &max_pic_size=`600` &keep_bigimg=`1` &galleryPictureTpl=`thumbnail`!]

this is my [[getGallery]] snippet

<?php
    $pid = $modx->documentIdentifier;
    $allChildren = $modx->getAllChildren($id= $pid, $sort= 'menuindex', $dir= 'ASC', $fields= 'id');
    $firstChild =  $allChildren[0]['id'];
    return $firstChild ;
    ?>

and here's the [[getFaults]] snippet

<?php
    $allChildren = $modx->getAllChildren($id= $pid, $sort= 'menuindex', $dir= 'ASC', $fields= 'id');
    $firstChild =  $allChildren[0]['id'];
    return $firstChild ;
    ?>

and this is the resulting document tree.

Current Stock
    Mercedes
    Gallery
    Faults
    Ferarri
    Gallery
    Faults
    Bentley
    Gallery
    Faults

The problem is that I can't then pull thumnails out of the grandchild galleries for the main stock page, or I can't work out how to do it and all the navigation from the manager puttons works out wrong, surely there must be a better, more elegant solution to this? I don't really want to have to start tearing it apart and looking for a new plugin at this stage. Thanks for reading.
      • 32 Posts
      that came out all wrong due to the formatting and indenting, the first snippet is getGallery, the second getFaults
      and the second snippet should read
      <?php
      $secondChild =  $allChildren[1]['id'];
      return $secondChild ;
      ?>