We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 212 Posts
    In QuipReply we want to ask for the "city" instead of the "website" as pre-configured. Does anybody know how we can realize this? If we just change the wording this will result in comprising the name by a link like this: <a href="New York">George</a> ...
      • 212 Posts
      Does nobody have an idea to realize this?
        • 387 Posts
        Realize what?????

I may be the only one but I have no idea what you are asking - maybe if I did some research to figure out the question, unfortunately I don't have time.

If I know I'm interested in the answer I'm willing to put in some research time to figure out an answer, but if I cannot even figure out the question I have to admit I just move on.
          • 212 Posts
          Thanks for your reply. Our aim is to change the chunk of QuipReply in that way that we need a field "city" instead of "website". When we display the posts by the Quip-Call the output should be for example: "Peter from New York: My comment ..." At the Moment the default chunk is: "Peter (and the word Peter contains the website as link if the field "website" in the QuipReply-Form was filled out): My comment ..."

Do you understand what we want to change?
            • 387 Posts
            Yes I get what you are trying to do.
            Looking at the quip documentation I see there is a placeholder 'website' , however I do not see it in the templates.
            There is nothing stopping you from repurposing 'website' to contain a city name - you just need to create a custom template based on the default, and where you find
            <a href="[[+website]]">
            replace it with
             from [[+website]]
            . Then call the template in your quip call - I think this will be the comment template, so:
            &tplComment=`nameOfYourTemplateChunk`
            needs to be in your quip call

Its been a while since I used quip so the details are a little fuzzy - but I think this should steer you in the right direction!
              • 212 Posts
              Hi whistlemaker, thanks for your help. I was searching for <a href="[[+website]]"> but I only found in the chunk:

<span class="quip-comment-author">[[+authorName]]:</span>

It seems like there must be somewhere a css-file containing the class "quip-comment-author" ...

... after some search I found the file web.css in assets/quip/css but this file only contains

.quip-comment-author, .quip-comment-author a { color: #444; font-weight: bold; }
              .quip-comment-author strong { color: #333; }

I don´t understand where the a href-tag comes from. Do you have any idea where the tag could be?
                • 387 Posts
                Sorry I've not been paying attention to the forums for a few days and missed you question

In the Add Comment default template there is code to enter the web site - around line 25 at this url:
                http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Quip.QuipReply.tplAddComment

Code is:
                    <div class="quip-fld">
                        <label for="quip-comment-website-[[+idprefix]]">[[%quip.website]]:<span class="quip-error">[[+error.website]]</span></label>
                        <input type="text" name="website" id="quip-comment-website-[[+idprefix]]" value="[[+website]]" />
                        <br />
                    </div>

Sorry I don't know where else or even if this gets displayed elsewhere in a default installation of quip, - I do not have a non customized version of quip working presently and do not have time to set one up
                  • 212 Posts
                  Hi Shaun, maybe as author of Quip you can help me in this case? I am looking for the class "quip-comment-author". Can you tell me where this is hidden to put away the wrapping <a href> around the author of comments?

I was looking for a related CSS-file but I didn´t found anything. What I found is quipauthortpl.chunk.tpl in core/components/quip/elements but unfortunately any changes I did in this file had no consequence in the style of the comments.

Can you tell me where I can remove the <a href>-tag?
                    • 390 Posts
                    This is old - but may help someone. The display chunk that @lettis wants to alter is here:

/core/components/quip/elements/chunks/quipauthortpl.chunk.tpl

It is called from a property set attached to the Quip snippet.

Copy that chunk template, and create a new chunk in MODX Elements called myAuthorTpl. Paste the code from the original template:
                    [[+url:is=``:then=`[[+name]]`:else=`<a href="[[+url]]" rel="nofollow">[[+name]]</a>`]]

Edit as you see fit. You could take out the +url: filter entirely or use it to put the city in instead

Now create a new property set for Quip.
                    1. Go to Snippets > Quip > Quip (edit snippet)
                    2. click on Properties tab
                    3. click 'Add Property Set'
                    4. create a new property set (use the checkbox) or add to any existing Property Set you have made for your site (I use one per site for all my customisations) - eg myPropertySet
                    5. Create a new setting 'authorTpl' and give it a textfield value of 'myAuthorTpl'
                    6. Save the property set.

Now replace any calls to Quip with Quip@myPropertySet and in the output of the comment template you should now see myAuthorTpl being output instead of the default.

The reason to use a Property Set is that you won't have to make the change every time you update Quip. (Otherwise you could simply change the value of the authorTpl in the default property set)

You could go as far as updating the lexicon entry for website: quip.Website and set it to 'City', but my memory is that lexicon updates get overwritten each time.
                      Writer > E-consultant > MODx developer || Salesforce || modx 2.x || PHP 5.2.13 || MySQL client 5.0.86
                      • 96 Posts
                      This didn't work for me. Quip is still showing the website url box.

I would like to completely remove it.