We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 96 Posts
    Hi,

I've been away from modx for some time and things have changed quite a bit. As such i'm a little lost on gallery plugins.

I used to use maxigallery to create timed slideshows or image on the pages of some of my sites. Now that everything has changed to revolution, which gallery snippet should I use?

I've looked at the 'gallery' snippet documentation, but there no examples for what I want to do.

Hmmm.
      • 5,888 Posts
      but there no examples for what I want to do.

what is it what you want to do?
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 96 Posts
        Something like the banner on this site http://bit.ly/vPxRF9 - that was easy as pie with maxigallery previously.
          • 5,888 Posts
          you can try MIGX

Thanks!
            • 96 Posts
            Thaks, but that doesn't look right.

I just want a set of images to appear in a timed slide show - with no back or forward buttons, no thumbnails or anything other than the images.
              • 97 Posts
              Question to Bruno:
              what I miss in different Revo gallery addons (like Gallery or MIGX) is possibility to add images to certain resource without access to file system directly (like it is in MaxiGallery). I've found your brunch on GitHub where you've added the possibility for image TV's to auto create folders for each resource for storing images there. That's what I actually need and think that this feature is really needful for many people.
              I've installed your brunch of Revo and can see the option to auto-create folders in image TV but when I try to use this TV, it operates like ordinary image TV. In MODX's error log I see:
               [2011-12-14 12:25:19] (ERROR @ C:\wamp\www\sitename\core\model\modx\sources\modfilemediasource.class.php : 39) PHP warning: Missing argument 1 for modFileMediaSource::getBases(), called in C:\wamp\www\sitename\core\model\modx\processors\browser\directory\getfiles.class.php on line 67 and defined

What is wrong with this?
                • 5,888 Posts
                you can do this:
                $bases = $this->source->getBases('');

well, but this branch is very experimental!

I would try MIGX from master-branch on revo 2.1.5 for now.
                This has also the functionality for autoCreate resourcefolders for MIGX-TVs.

This is no longer possible this way in revo 2.2 with its mediasources.
                Thats the reason I made the pull-request for dynamic mediasources and the res_id placeholder for pathes.

Perhaps in a future version I will add an upload-button to MIGX to upload images to its dynamic mediasource-folder and fill the items automatically with uploaded files from this folder.

But I'm waiting, if something like dynamic mediasources will be released. If not, I have to find another way to get that functionality into MIGX.

[Edit]

If you want to try the autocreatefolder-option on revo2.2(my dynamicSource2-branch) you need first create a mediasource with dynamic pathes like:
                assets/images/[[+mediasource.res_id]]/
                [ed. note: Bruno17 last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]

Thanks!
                  • 97 Posts
                  Thanks a lot, Bruno!
                  This worked for me (I mean, MIGX from Git on Revo 2.1.5).
                    • 97 Posts
                    Bruno, solution for Revo 2.2 works too!
                    I've changed getfiles.class.php and defined media resource's pathes with
                    [[+mediasource.res_id]]

Thank you again for attention and answers.
                      • 793 Posts
                      @x0149128:
                      You could try the Cycle plugin for jQuery