We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 94 Posts
    I like to have a user group to only see one subdirectory where they can upload files. I tried using the
    filemanager_path
    property, but it breaks the correct path to images, so tinymce get's the wrong paths.

It seems
    filemanager_path
    is a global property, while I just need to hide everything except one directory.

Anyone knows how to do this?
      • 236 Posts
      Hi, have you tried bobsguides?
      http://bobsguides.com/hiding-elements-in-the-manager.html

It's a bit mind bending and time consuming but it should get you there.

• 94 Posts
        Thanks, that seems very complicated for a simple problem. I just want to set an entry point into a file path where the editors can _see_ files, not changing the filemanager_path for the installation.

Should this really be that complicated, seems such a common requirement.
          • 109 Posts
          Yeah, the wonderful world of MODx permissions! smiley

There's really no "quick-n-dirty" way to do what you are looking to do without getting into the permissions, and if you don't have at least passing familiarity with how it works, it can get screwed up fast.

My whole-hearted recommendation is to set up a local test site, and follow all of Bob's permissions guides a couple times.

But take heart, once the 'aha!' moment comes, it will all make sense why it's done this way. Well... it did for me anyway smiley
            • 94 Posts
            Ah, thanks, was checking out if I missed something simple, but unfortunately have to dig. wink
              • 24,544 Posts
              If you wanted to hide the file tree, you could just take away the file_tree permission, but showing just part of it is more complicated. I think you were on the right track to begin with. Using a filemanager_path user setting will restrict their view to that part of the tree.

I think there's a way to then fix the problem with TinyMCE, but I don't use TinyMCE so I don't know what it is.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting