We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 87 Posts
    I have moved all directories outside the web root using this as a reference. After some strange Manager issues related to permissions (on nginx) I am struggling to move the connectors directory. I *have* to create a symlink in public_html which kind of defeats the object of moving them in the first place.

Is there a secret connectors path defined somewhere that I am missing? The manager won't work whatsoever even after changing the path as shown in RTFM.

Cheers [ed. note: last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      Did you update the config.core.php file in the connectors dir. ?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • You can't move the connectors out of a web accessible directory. They have to be accessible via the web server.
          • 87 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Dec 09, 2011, 03:52 PM
          Did you update the config.core.php file in the connectors dir. ?

Yep. I went through all the config files and ran a find on every file to see if I was missing any paths.

Quote from: opengeek at Dec 09, 2011, 11:00 PM
          You can't move the connectors out of a web accessible directory. They have to be accessible via the web server.

Thought that might be the case. Are there any other directories that should stay accessible? Currently only the manager and connectors directory are and I am getting some odd behaviour with packages. I imagine that might be related to the core (will test).

Cheers
          • Quote from: gibbs_ at Dec 10, 2011, 12:30 AM
            Are there any other directories that should stay accessible? Currently only the manager and connectors directory are and I am getting some odd behaviour with packages. I imagine that might be related to the core (will test).
            All of the files and folders except the core have to remain web accessible (when installing the advanced package you get the option to locate and customize the paths for the main web directory, as well as the manager and connectors folders). If you install the advanced package after relocating the core outside the webroot, setup will allow you to configure the core location as the first step when it can't find it in the standard location and will configure the appropriate custom core location throughout the MODX installation.

To resolve any issues with paths, especially regarding packages, just re-run setup as an upgrade.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Oops, I didn't notice that the OP was moving it outside the web root.

I've modified the docs to make it clear that only the core can be moved outside the web root. I also added a note about the Advanced install. [ed. note: BobRay last edited this post 12 years, 5 months ago.]
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting