We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    I am having an issue with page load times (for the main page, not the post's pages) when using the Articles module. I have an image TV in the article row chunk that uses phpthumbof to resize an image to a thumbnail (150x110px). This is causing the page to load extremely slow.

Right now there are only three posts in as placeholder, each with one thumbnail. Eventually the main page will have 9 or 12 posts - each with a thumbnail. So if it is slow now, it is only going to get slower.

In digging around through the Articles package files I see that is uses getPage to build the main blog page. getPage for reasons I don't understand "has" to be called un-cached. But this uncached call seems to be causing the crop the thumbnails each time the page is loaded.

If I edit the getPage call on line 243 of the articlescontainer.class.php file to call getPage cached - page speed is back to normal.

Since everything I found says that getPage has to be called uncached. Is there any way to specify that the tv within the call is cached? Is there something else that can be done to speed up the page?

As a work around, I tried using smaller images each post's TV, but page load time remained slow.

Thanks in advace.
    Justin

[ed. note: justin.c last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]
      • 22 Posts
      Cache issues I was having have been addressed with 1.0.2 version of Articles.