We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 37 Posts
    Hi,

Rather than rolling my own snippet to create transparent rounded corners for my images I looked to phpThumb, which was already part of the core package. This worked really well until I found that it only worked if I was logged in to the manager. Useless for the client facing parts sad

So I went to the package manager and found 'phpThumbOf'. Great, it works. It even caches the images it creates. BUT on my home page which shows 6 images created by phpThumbOf it takes 15-30 seconds to load the html - then the images pop up nice and quickly.

commenting out the call to phpThumbOf the page load time is less than a second.

Looking at the cache folder I can see that the images have been cached for future use - great. I'd love it if I could some how tell phpThumbOf to use these images instead of remaking them each time.

However, I can find no documentation about cache times or anything.

WRT Amazon S3: All source images are local, all cache images are supposed to be local and are saved locally, no amazon s3 involved at all.

Any recommendations are really very much appreciated