We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Hi all,

hope someone can help. I have a microsite set up on a subdomain as follows:

subdomain.mysite.com

When turning search engine friendly URLs on, all of the links in the menus dont work.

If I turn SEF Urls off, all the links work, apart from a link to the homepage doesnt work, it tries to link to:

subdomain.mysite.com/subdomain

Can anyone please help? urgently!

Im guessing the answer lies in the MODX base path, and the .htaccess file. The base path, im not sure how to change, the .htaccess file is set up, but Im not good at tweaking it.
    :)

Just to add I am using Modx Revolution 2.1.3 pl

Thanks,

Dan. [ed. note: dan-arclight last edited this post 12 years, 5 months ago.]
      Dan
      Web Developer
    • First, how is the subdomain configured in your environment?
        • 14 Posts
        Hi Many thanks for the reply - its not through 'A' records if that answers your question. It was set up through a CPanel and im assuming its using some forwarding - subdomain.mydomain.com is pointing to mydomain.com/subdomain

Thanks,

Dan
          Dan
          Web Developer
        • That's what I thought. I've talked with a lot of folks using CPanel subdomains which have problems with FURLs. The reason is the rewrite rules which are being used to rewrite the subdomain requests. You will likely have to configure the subdomain Context so that it has the actual subdomain hardcoded and integrate the MODX rewrite rules into the main ones configured for your domain. I do not have experience with this however, so hopefully someone else who has accomplished this with CPanel subdomains can chime in.
            • 14 Posts
            OpenGeek - Many thanks for your reply - it least it Im armed with some knowledge as to the problem ! I will look in to seeing if there is an alternative method, or a way round it.

Thanks again,

Dan.
              Dan
              Web Developer