We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 92 Posts
    CentOS 5
    modX advanced 2.1.5

I've mentioned this before but it persists in this version. When I go to content-types and attempt to remove .html for HTML doctypes to achieve extensionless URL's. the setting won't "take." Navigate away, and return to content-types, and *boooooiing* it stays set at .html

I've been circumnavigating this by modifying the record in the database, which works, but others using modX may not pick that up.

In other news . . . that "other" CMS that translates to "hack me" in ancient Egyptian has no monopoly on a "five minute install." My last three went smoothly in just about four minutes. smiley
      • 92 Posts
      Now it's escalated to a WTH. smiley It's (arbitrarily?) adding an .html extension whether I like it or not. I just did a database dump and the content types table entry still shows it empty,

(1, 'HTML', 'HTML content', 'text/html', '', NULL, 0),

But several of the resources are bringing it back as I try to edit them.

(3, 'document', 'text/html', 'Who We Are', 'Who We Are', '', 'who-we-are', '', 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', '<p>Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, luctus pulvinar, hendrerit id, lorem. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus. Donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus. Nullam quis ante. Etiam sit amet orci eget eros faucibus tincidunt. Duis leo. Sed fringilla mauris sit amet nibh. Donec sodales sagittis magna. Sed consequat, leo eget bibendum sodales, augue velit cursus nunc.</p>\r\n\r\n <p>Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt.</p>\r\n\r\n <p>Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, luctus pulvinar, hendrerit id, lorem. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus. Donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus. Nullam quis ante. Etiam sit amet orci eget eros faucibus tincidunt. Duis leo. Sed fringilla mauris sit amet nibh. Donec sodales sagittis magna. Sed consequat, leo eget bibendum sodales, augue velit cursus nunc.</p>', 1, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1323211955, 1, 1323739010, 0, 0, 0, 1323211920, 1, 'Who We Are', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'modDocument', 'web', 1, 'who-we-are.html', 0),

What do I have to do to get rid of extensions for text/html doctypes?
        • 863 Posts
        Did you click 'Save' after removing the .html extension? For other system settings it saves from the grid, but for content types you need to actually click the Save button to update the database.
        • Also note that updating the database directly will not update the URI's for the Resources; you must save the change through the manager in order for the URI's to be recalculated properly.
            • 92 Posts
            Thank you all for the comments, I have "a little more info . . . "

That's the thing, though, I've never been able to remove the .html from the manager for extensionless URL's. It appears to accept it, (with the save button) but if I navigate away and go back into settings, it's there again.

I did a phpMyAdmin search for .html and manually updated the three records with .html for the uri value. What puzzled me is that it was only three out of 15 or so (brand new site setup.) What I am thinking is **maybe** I set these three while the .html extension was still in the content_types table, which is why they "stuck." I've made several updates on these pages since then, but the uri field didn't change.

I'm working on this one more this A.M. and will report anything verifiable I can find.