We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 206 Posts
    Dear All,

I just finish a new MODx web site. After one week, I visited it and I found it particularey slow while opening a page.

Is there some think that I can do to inprove ir performence?

Thank for your help
    • Hello,

Could you tell us more about the website (what version of MODX, what extras are you using, what if any extras are uncached) and also the hosting (what is the server, how is php configured, is the database on the same server, who is the hosting company).

If you want to share the site so we can check it out as well that would be helpful.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 206 Posts
        Hello,
        Sorry for missing those information

I installed MODX Revo 2.1.5
        Extra:
        Babel
        Codemirror
        formit
        getpage
        getressource
        ifeval
        tinymce
        wayfinder
        ultimateparent
        I also have 3 sneppets which small MySQl request to the DB
        I do not knwo if the DB is on the same server but I do not thik it as the host company is a large company (net4all.ch, a good one)
        the web site is www.rivesgeneve.com
        Thank for your help
        • Do you have all of the extras called cached? [[name]] vs [[!name]] If you check the config file look if the database server is connected to "localhost" or 127.0.0.1.

The website load times for me aren't bad, about 1.2 seconds with the homepage being the slowest, granted distance from the server is likely a factor.
            • 119 Posts
            Hi,
            I had the same issue. I run most of the snippets uncached (i.e.
            [[!Snippet]]
            . Uncache them:
            [[Snippet]]
            (without the "!"-sign). At least the ones who don't need to be run everytime you call a page and check if it speeds up your site.

You can add the following code to your template to see what portion of time is used by PHP and MySQL:
            <!-- MySQL: [^qt^] s, [^q^] request(s), PHP: [^p^] s, total: [^t^] s, document retrieved from [^s^]. -->

Hope this helps.

f.
              • 328 Posts
              also my site made ​​with Revo MODx MODX 2.1.5 is very slow. Have you found a solution to the problem I think is the cache but how do we change that?
              • Hello,

Could you please do as requested of the original poster?