We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 132 Posts
    Is there a current solution or something in the works to support Mgr File Browser thumbnail support when attaching to a remote media source (ie: S3). I get that if I upload a file through the browser to the remote source a thumb will be build but what if that image already exists at the remote location prior to attaching the media source to modx.

Also in clustered web server environment (one big reason for using remote imagery in the first place) it would be great if the thumbnails were able to be stored at the remote location as well, allowing the media source to be fully independent of the web server.

My thought on a min solution would be to allow for a right click on the missing thumb that states "build thumb" this then pulls the remote master, thumbs it and writes thumb to cache on local FS.

Ideally it would be great if the option to have it write the thumb back to the media source placed in a "thumbnail" sub folder (similar to how CKFinder stores thumbs).

I will need to find some solution to this so if there is not something on the table already but someone (ie: splittingred) can point me in the right to overriding/extending the file browser I will give it a shot.

Thanks
    Adam
      "One of these days I will get around to my own website... Its only been about 12 years... maybe tomorrow smiley"