We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 57 Posts
    Checking PHP version: OK! Running: 5.3.8

Checking PHP for zlib dependency: OK!

Checking for SimpleXML: OK!

Checking if memory limit is set to at least 24M: OK! Set to 32M

Checking if sessions are properly configured: OK!

Checking if /home/mysite/mycore/cache directory exists: OK!

Checking if /home/mysite/mycore/cache directory is writable: OK!

Checking if /home/mysite/mycore/export directory exists: OK!

Checking if /home/mysite/mycore/export directory is writable: OK!

Checking if /home/mysite/mycore/packages directory exists: OK!

Checking if /home/mysite/mycore/packages directory is writable: OK!

Checking if /home/mysite/mycore/config/config.inc.php exists and is writable: OK!

Creating connection to the database: OK!

Checking to make sure safe_mode is off: OK!

Checking if memory limit is set to at least 24M for zip extensions: OK! Set to 32M

Checking if C:/wamp/www/mysite/ directory is writable: Failed!

Checking if C:/wamp/www/mysite/manager/ directory is writable: Failed!

Checking if C:/wamp/www/mysite/connectors/ directory is writable: Failed!
    [ed. note: ironchip last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      It's a bug in the install. I'm sure it will be corrected soon.

In the meantime, this is a paste from a message by another user. I would give credit, but forgot to make a note of who it is:

It would appear the following 3 keys are missing in the default settings array that modinstallsettings.class.php uses:

- context_web_path
      - context_mgr_path
      - context_connectors_path

That is why it fails...I managed to complete the setup by editing /core/cache/setup/settings.cache.php and manually adding these values:

'context_web_path' => 'enter same as web_path',
      'context_mgr_path' => 'enter same as mgr_path',
      'context_connectors_path' => 'enter same as connectors_path'
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 793 Posts
        I would give credit, but forgot to make a note of who it is
        It was a contribution of Patrick Nijkamp in http://bugs.modx.com/issues/6065
        complete the setup by editing /core/cache/setup/settings.cache.php
        Shouldn't that be /core/cache/system_settings/config.cache.php ?
          • 57 Posts
          Well there seems to be no solution to this issue, so I've removed the code to keep things uncluttered. I've been stuck on chapter 2 of the MODX Official guide for the last 5 or 6 days, and kind of embarrassing to say so.

What I did to attempt to correct the issue I was having was to just do away with using the advance download, and use the traditional (which the book suggested by the way). Still following things along letter by letter, I then received all OK's for the installation summary (finally), but was unable to get into mysite/manager.

So back to drawing board, I just

1. re-created a fresh account on remote server
          2. installed a fresh MODx on the remote server
          3. cleared the tables from the database of the remote server via phpmyadmin
          4. imported the sql database from my local WAMP

Now all my resources, settings, etc are located in the remote site as they should be, but for some reason, I can only view the Home page. All my other pages that are showing up in the resource tree return an error when visted:
          Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
          Even when I create a new resource in this new setup, I receive the same error page.

Well at least I got the site trasferred, now to work out the newly acquired issues.

As always, any and all assistance will be appreciated.
            • 57 Posts
            Well seems when I set the FURLs to NO, now my other sites are viewable, now to the .htaccess file for further investigation.

I will close this request, and if any other issues crop up that I need assistance with I will create a new topic. Will leave this post up in case someone else can learn from my mistakes/issues.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Quote from: ottogal at Nov 29, 2011, 03:17 AM
              I would give credit, but forgot to make a note of who it is
              It was a contribution of Patrick Nijkamp in http://bugs.modx.com/issues/6065
              complete the setup by editing /core/cache/setup/settings.cache.php
              Shouldn't that be /core/cache/system_settings/config.cache.php ?

Thanks Ottogal. Quite possibly it should -- it may depend on whether you're installing the traditional or advanced version. I quoted from another post without checking. In any event, the official fix is here: https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/commit/defd11063eff7162316d6e3e50f7f73c3469ad91
                My MODX Extras
                • 24,544 Posts
                @GregR: It definitely sounds like something is wrong with your .htaccess file (you did rename ht.access to .htaccess when you turned FURLs on, right? The content of the .htaccess file is almost always the problem when you get a server error like that.

I always recommend that users get the site working well before turning on FURLs.

One thing to check. Some hosts have several numbered files for handling server errors (404.shtml, 503.shtml, etc.). If you put MODX in a subdirectory, you need to copy those files from the public_html directory into the MODX root directory.

Also, make sure any template you use has this in the <head> section and a DOCTYPE at the top:

<base href="[[!++site_url]]" />
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 57 Posts
                  Thanks Bob, I do have the DOCTYPE and <base href="[[!++site_url]]" /> set properly in my template. My site files are located in the public_html directory, so we're good there as well.

My FURLs were working perfect on the local WAMP server, so I thought they would do same on remote.

But I have taken your advice and turned them off for now.

And oh yea, man I've renamed and redid that .htaccess files so many times, including renaming the ht.access to .htaccess using a text editor's "save as" function.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    And this?

RewriteEngine On
                    RewriteBase /

And try commenting out the Options FollowSymlinks line if it's there -- that will throw a 500 error on some hosts.
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 57 Posts
                      Yes, everything is commented out, and once more I deleted current .htaccess file and renamed the ht.access and now my FURLs work as they should.

Now for some much needed rest, thanks a bunch for all the help smiley.