We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 370 Posts
    Hi,

i've created my media source ('siteFiles'), set the properties, and assigned 'acces permission groups'. I assigned 'Administrator', and the selfmade 'Editors', group.
    Now when loggedin as an Administrator the filemanager is there in the tree on the left.
    But when logged in as an Editor the filemanager in the tree does not show up and the resource browser gibes an acces denied.

what did i do wrong?

rdg
      • 370 Posts
      OK,

in my upgraded site (from modx 2.1) i just tried to create a resource which has an Image TV that inherits the TV.
      When saving the newly created resource i get an error message on top of the page
      [2011-11-28 21:41:13] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Instantiated a derived class modResource that is not a subclass of the requested class modDocument 

what could this be?
      i clearly still have some trouble to get the hang of this new media source feature.

tnx
      RDG
        • 4,149 Posts
        It's a bug with 2.2-rc1. Change the class_key of any records in the modx_site_content table that are 'modResource' to 'modDocument' and it will go away.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 370 Posts
          Hi,

i changed that but still my initial problem excists;
          the user 'editor' can't see the files tree?
          even though the group 'Editors' has access to the media source
          why?

tnx
          rdg
            • 1,024 Posts
            Same here
              • 1 Posts
              Same thing here... What's interesting is that not even the example presented in the Media Sources documentation (http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Securing+a+Media+Source) works!