We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 72 Posts
    I am wondering if it is possible to give a usergroup permissions to only see their own image-folder in different places as the resources browser? On the webpage I am starting on now there will be 19 different usergroups with 19 different images and file folders that only they should see, and of course the superadmin should se everything.

If it is possible: where should I put these folders inside the revo-tree? Perhaps inside their own folders on the root level, or inside the revo-tree?
      ...I believed it was Friday...
      • 24,544 Posts
      You're talking about folders in the File tree, not the Resource tree -- right?

One solution might be to create a filemanager_path user setting for each user, with one path per group.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 73 Posts
        It's been a while since I've done this but I have pretty much done what you are wanting to do. I have users who belong to a group. Those users have a role and that role has a policy that specifies what they can do. In the system settings, I have a changed the setting called 'filemanager_path', which I have set to a subfolder of the main asset tree, as I don't want people to mess with that. There is only problem with this, though, which I will post as a question: when I get users to insert a thumbnail via a document variable, the bit of the path they don't have access to is omitted. Which means I need to do some adjustments on the code end to make up the full path. Sorry, if I'm a little vague, as I say it's been a while, but if you look at roles and permissions, you should be able to figure it out.