We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I have both a Quip comment box and a contact form in the same page. Whenever I submit the contact form, if there are errors, these are displayed in the quip add reply form.

It seems as if quip is listening to every post request sent to the page instead of its own form and ignoring the rest.

How can I have both forms in the same page without conflicts? Both have specified unique ids.

Jose R. LOpez
      • 4 Posts
      have you try to add a submitVar to formIt?

I have a similar problem here, a formit form in the general footer that in the blog with quip comments section interferes one with each other. It seems that using the same [[+email]] and [[+name]] for quip comments and formIt contact forms triggers the validation for both forms when one of them is sent.

I partially solved it by inserting submitVar in the FormIt tag, see last line:

[[!FormIt?
      &hooks=`spam,email,FormItAutoResponder`
      &emailTpl=`dm-email`
      &emailSubject=`Mensaje desde dmigliorelli.com.ar`
      &emailTo=`[email protected]`
      &validate=`name:required:minLength=`2`,email:email:required,text:required`
      &validationErrorMessage=`[[contactError]]` 

&fiarTpl=`dm-autorespuesta`
      &fiarSubject=`Thank You for contacting Me`
      &fiarToField=`email`
      &fiarFrom=`[email protected]`
      &fiarFromName=`Daniel Migliorelli Design`
      &successMessage=`<div id="formItMessage"><a class="closeMessage close">Close this message</a><p>Thank you for contacting me! please check your mail in a few minutes</p></div>`
      &successMessagePlaceholder=`fi.successMessage`
      &submitVar=`contactForm` 
      ]]

then I`ve inserted a hidden input with name="conatctForm" in the formIt form.

Now formIt form works ok, but I still couldnt get quip to work. It seems to detects formIt name and email fields and try to validate them or something like that.

I don`t know if solves something for you

• I couldn't solve it and yes I did use a custom submitVar, I simply decided to make things simpler and not have a widget with the contact form on everypage. Instead I am just linking to a contact page which has a form on its own. So basically I'm trying to avoid having more than one form per-page.
          • 4 Posts
          Sad to hear that. I need the contact form in the footer, so I`ll keep trying to find a fix for that!
            • 217 Posts
            Same problem here.. .Anyone solved it already?