We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 73 Posts
    Hi,

I can't install any addons on my installation. I have not done for ages, but now want to install quip, but when I upload it (I can't download, gives me an error) and search locally, no new packages are found, nothing happens. I have upgraded modx since I've installed, and now on 2.1.3. Do I need to upgrade to the latest?
    I have an identical copy of the site locally, on a WAMP server, where I am facing the same problem. Any ideas? Thank you!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Are you sure you're uploading Revo add-ons rather then Evo ones? If you put them in the core/packages directory, they should show up when you search locally for packages.

If you have cURL enabled (I know it's disabled by default on XAMPP -- not sure about WAMP), you should be able to get them directly through Package Manager -> Download Extras.

Make sure your core/packages directory is writable, and don't forget that there may be multiple pages in the grid in Package Manager.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 73 Posts
        Thanks for your reply. Yes, i am sure i am using revo - i checked when I downloaded. I can't download via the package manager on the remote server, but did download via the package manager locally. Neither server works, as I say, either via download of package manger nor upload via ftp and search locally. Yes, I know there is more than one page if you have enough add-ons. I have also tried refreshing, flushing all sessions, none of which makes any difference. Am a little stuck now, don't know what else to do.
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. It's the first case I've heard of where putting the transport.zip files in the core/package directory and searching locally for packages didn't put them in the grid. I can't think what would cause that except possibly a corrupted cache file.

You could try manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory if you haven't already.
            My MODX Extras
            • 73 Posts
            ah, ok, haven't tried that, will do and report back - haven't got access to the development servers at the moment
              • 73 Posts
              right, so, clearing the cache has worked locally! However, on the hosting server, that hasn't cure the problem. Permissions are 755 on all folders and 644 on all files. Do you know if they should be different?
                • 24,544 Posts
                It depends. If they are using suPHP or suExec (many are), those are correct.

If Setup ran OK, those are probably right. It's often a good idea to try logging out, clearing the cache directory and browser cache and cookies, and running Setup again in upgrade mode.

My MODX Extras