We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 202 Posts
    My php.ini file setting is this:
    date.timezone = America/Los_Angeles

it was commented out beforehand:
    ;date.timezone = 

I'm no expert on PHP but maybe if you look for that setting in your php.ini it will help. Your code looks like it was lifted from a script and not an .ini file code?
      • 4,149 Posts
      You can't call a function in your php.ini. It should look like this:

date.timezone = America/New_York

Also, make sure your hosting service lets you put php.ini files in the root dir. Sometimes you can't do that, and have to edit the main one.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 244 Posts
        Hi All,

I added the datetime at bottom of php.ini as directed.

This is the error message I see when I attempt to login: I have edited the filepath a bit just for security purposes:

[2011-11-20 16:09:26] (INFO @ /manager/index.php) Removed modSession instance with primary key cc64ee6ccc3c723b0cc3xxxxxxxxxxxx [2011-11-20 16:09:26] (ERROR @ /root/user/public_html/core/model/modx/moduser.class.php : 310) PHP warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /root/user/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php:1963) [2011-11-20 16:09:26] (ERROR @ /root/user/public_html/core/model/modx/modresponse.class.php : 259) PHP warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /root/user/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php:1963)

I still can't login.

Background: I was able to login and use manager even after I upgraded from 2.2 dev to 2.2 rc1. I upgraded a bunch of packages and then started to see error messages that would inhabit the page above the manager screen. The messages had to do with datetime, so I changed the server offset time inside the manager. I then changed it in php.ini and then I could't login anymore.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

-Noah
        • Don't change the server offset; that simply indicates the timezone difference between the timezone you want presented in the output and the one set on the server in php.ini.
            • 47 Posts
            I'm getting the same error as @cas-designz with a fresh install of MODx Revo 2.2. What is the solution? Editing the .ini file or restarting server? Unfortunately, this client is with 1&1 so getting access to the .ini file may not be possible.
              Robert Tobys
              Managing Partner
              Green Goat Media

• i have same error i use cloud hosting:
              PHP Version 5.2.17

my MODX is Revolution 2.2.0 Advanced Nightlies - Released Dec 08, 2011

E_STRICT information: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Helsinki' for 'EET/2.0/no DST' instead
              Processing automatic publishing dates

palma non sine pulvere
                • 4,149 Posts
                Set the date.timezone setting your php.ini to Europe/Helsinki
                  shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                • in top of my php.ini i have:

date.timezone = "Europe/Helsinki"

but no results.
                  the file is in /public_html
                    palma non sine pulvere
                    • 4,149 Posts
                    date.timezone = "Europe/Helsinki" 

is wrong. Use:

date.timezone = Europe/Helsinki

php.ini does not use " when setting values.