We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    This is the error I receive when clearing the cache and installing an extra using the package manager.

E_STRICT information: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead [ed. note: cas-designz last edited this post 12 years, 5 months ago.]
    • You need to set your PHP's date.timezone ini setting.
        • 202 Posts
        Manually edit the .ini file, or does setting the it in system settings do the same?
          • 4,149 Posts
          Manually edit the .ini for now.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 202 Posts
            I uncommented the date.timezone and set it for the timezone my server is located.

The Console popped up and didn't like my choice:
            E_STRICT information: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead

That last bit "PST/-8.0/no DST" is interesting.
              • 741 Posts
              Did you restart your webserver software? It should pick up the new settings after that.
                with regards,

Ronald Lokers
                'Front-end developer' @ h2o Media

• 202 Posts
                I always forget to restart Apache. That cleared up the error.
                  • 14 Posts
                  @all thanks for the reactions.

Editing the php.ini file did the trick for me.

MODX Revolution 2.2 is great!
                    • 202 Posts
                    Please mark this post as SOLVED.
                      • 244 Posts
                      This fix didn't work for me. I added this line to php.ini in root directory

date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");

I then cleared cache of browser and of site from inside manager and no joy. I then logged out of site and tried to log back in and the extended message remained.

Now I can't log in at all.

-Noah