We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 561 Posts
    Hi All!
    I have a client who unfortunately has lots of sites on Godummy Godaddy. They have begun to have problems generating thumbnails using Maxi, whereas it used to work OK.

I traced the problem to the thumbnails being generated with 600 permission, which is not viewable. I changed them to 644, and then the thumbs show up.

Other sites on different servers at Godummy do still work. The only difference I could readily see was that there was a slightly newer version of PHP, 5.2.17 vs. 5.2.14 on the "bad" sites. All other typical suspect settings looked fine.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? I read through some posts here and there which alluded to SUEXEC (definitely not my jurisdiction). Could a PHP upgrade fix it?

The sites I'm looking at are somewhat out of date, Evo 1.02, in case that matters. This is stock Maxi, not the new beta.

Any ideas appreciated,
    Thx, Dave
      MODx and Wordpress development
      Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
    • Hello,

Do you know of any recent changes to the site in question? Oh, and you should upgrade to Evo 1.0.5, running older versions you are at risk for being hacked.

Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 561 Posts
        Hi,
        No changes whatsoever. Entirely possible that Godummy made server changes, of course. And yes, I would normally upgrade, but it's not my site, I was looking at it for a colleague as a favor. If they hire and pay me, I'll do the upgrade. Aren't I just such a bee-yotch? smiley

I think I'll compile a bunch of questions that they can submit to Godummy "support". I'll hold off briefly, in case any smart folks here come up with more ideas than I have.

Thanks for asking,
        D
          MODx and Wordpress development
          Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4