We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Hi, i m trying to install modx revo 2.1.5, my server meets all requierements for install, but when i try i get this error:

The install failed because MODX could not unpack the /var/www/clients/client31/web220/web/core/packages/core.transport.zip package. Make sure that the /var/www/clients/client31/web220/web/core/packages/core.transport.zip file exists and is writable, and that you have made the /var/www/clients/client31/web220/web/core/packages/ directory writable.

Well i set up the file core.transport.zip and the directory core/packages to chmod 777, but i m still getting this error.

Some system info:

Running: php 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.10
    memory limit: 128M

Thanks in advance [ed. note: fbasta last edited this post 12 years, 5 months ago.]
    • Is this the advanced package? If so, try the traditional.
        • 17 Posts
        hi thanks it was traditional package, and i guess the problem was with some permissions for directories from my hosting provider, after changing from fast-cgi to suexec everything worked fine.
          • 56 Posts
          fbasta,

could you mind expanding a little on how you made that change?

Hosting software is not my forte, and I am having the exact same symptoms you describe (with the traditional package as well).

EDIT: Turns out my host is running Suexec. So I am stuck at the moment. Will contact their support center over the weekend I guess...

[ed. note: jorgeca last edited this post 12 years, 5 months ago.]
            • 17 Posts
            hey, sorry was away a little bit smiley and actually i dont know what to say....... my problem was solved when i changed from fast-cgi to Suexec. But surely take a look on folder permissions.