We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hello,

I've a menu with n Resources like this :
    Resource 1, Resource 2, … Resource k, … Resource n

All resources have the same configuration
    And all Resources belong to group A except Resource k, it belongs to group B

User X has enough permissions to access to group A resources but not B resources.

Normally, User X should see all resources except Resource k.
    But wayfinder stops at the first resource that user X cannot access !!!
    It displays Resources from 1 to k-1 only !!!

I don’t know if it is a bug or I did something wrong.
    Please help.

Hamza

• 24,544 Posts
      Are the missing resources children of a folder the user doesn't have access to or unpublished or hidden from menus? That would explain it.

If not, it sounds like a bug.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 11 Posts
        Thank you for your answer.

The n resources are not hidden, and they are all published. All the n resources belong to the same folder and have the same level.

I tried this (with user X) :

1- I put resource k in the last position (menu_index=n+1), Result : wayfinder displays all resources except k (normal)

2- I put resource k in the first position (menu_index = 0), Result : wayfinder doesn't display anything

3- I put resource k in the middle, Result : wayfinder stops at it, resources before k were displayed, and those after k were hidden.

Hamza [ed. note: hamzafes last edited this post 12 years, 6 months ago.]