We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • MODX Revolution 2.1.4-pl

While everyone is waiting patiently for the first release candidate of 2.2 to arrive, we have a new patch release of MODX Revolution 2.1. This fourth patch release of MODX 2.1 resolves several issues including improvements to strict URL handling and a significant parser issue affecting non-cacheable tag parsing. Here are some highlights of the issues resolved in this release:

• Fix bug with modParser->isProcessingTag() and have elements process nested tags accordingly
    • [#4871] Fix Access Permissions not being copied when duplicating a context
    • [#5505] Fix issue with dropdowns in Fx5
    • [li][#4790] Add support for comment tag token, e.g.
    [[- comments here]][/code
      ][/li]
    • [#2737] Centralize logic for changing Context of modResource Children
    • [#5788] Fix content not being flushed to browser
    • [#90], [#5676] Improvements to strict routing with friendly_urls
    • [#5757] Allow text in grids to be selectable
    • [#5909] Allow blank extensions in Add Content Type window
    • [#5973] Prevent empty user groups being loaded for anonymous users

For more information about MODX Revolution 2.1 releases, please review the original 2.1 Announcement.

Download Revolution 2.1.4
    Read the Revolution 2.1.4 Documentation
    Read the Installation Guide
    Upgrade Guide
    Check the Installation Requirements

We're always working hard to improve MODX Revolution and we need your help. Please report any and all bugs and feature requests. Make sure you read the documentation, and don't hesitate to post feedback and successes in the MODX Community forums.

Thanks,
    The MODX Team

2.1.4-pl Changelog/Release Notes:
    - [#5973] Prevent empty user groups being loaded for anonymous users - [#5909] Allow blank extensions in Add Content Type window - [#3287] Fix issue with dob User field in editing panel in mgr - [#3396] Allow MODX_API_MODE in mgr context - [#4230] Add ODF and OOXML to default uploadable file types setting - [#5315] Use automatic_alias behavior when updating site_start regardless of setting - [#5757] Allow text in grids to be selectable - [#5879] Ensure html tags are stripped on titles in the Resource edit view - [#5855] Ensure if no parents are specified, resourcelist input option works as expected - [#90] 301 Redirect id method requests when request_method_strict is not enabled - [#90], [#5676] Improvements to strict routing with friendly_urls - [#5788] Fix content not output to browser until after shutdown function - [#5777] Fix validation of TV names against Resource field names - [#5671] Add :toPlaceholder, :cssToHead, :htmlToHead, :htmlToBottom, :jsToHead, :jsToBottom output filters - Add delete user button to user editing page toolbar - [#2737] Centralize logic for changing Context of modResource Children - [#5068] Move token check for new resources below error validation in processor to prevent bogus duplicate resource issue - [#4945] Remove weblink content maxlength restriction - [#4790] Add support for comment tag token, e.g. [[- comments here]] - [#5505] Fix issue with dropdowns in Fx5 - [#4871] Fix Access Permissions not being copied when duplicating a context - Fix rendering of combo boxes in element properties - [#4637] Fix RTE checkbox not saving correctly when using Quick Create Resource - [#4080] Add Content Type and Content Disposition to Quick Create/Update Resource
    • This version came with a bug in modresource.class.php. The criteria parameter for getIterator in updateContextOfChildren method is invalid. This essentially switches context key for all resources. This is a fix for it (line 151 of /core/model/modx/modresource.class.php):

/**
           * Updates the Context of all Children recursively to that of the parent.
           * @static
           * @param modX &$modx A reference to an initialized modX instance.
           * @param modResource $parent The parent modResource instance.
           * @param array $options An array of options.
           * @return int The number of children updated.
           */
          public static function updateContextOfChildren(modX &$modx, $parent, array $options = array()) {
              $count = 0;
              $criteria = $modx->newQuery('modResource', array('parent' => $parent->get('id')));
              foreach ($modx->getIterator('modResource', $criteria) as $child) {
                  $child->set('context_key', $parent->get('context_key'));
                  if ($child->save()) {
                      $count++;
                  } else {
                      $modx->log(modX::LOG_LEVEL_ERROR, "Could not change Context of child resource {$child->get('id')}", '', __METHOD__, __FILE__, __LINE__);
                  }
              }
              return $count;
          }
      • BTW, this bug was caused by http://bugs.modx.com/issues/2737.
          • 90 Posts
          After updating 2.1.3 to 2,.1.4 any change made to the system-settings will brake my website.
          it will change the config.cache.php and everything dies.

Any ideas on this?
            Sommige mensen hebben aan een half woord genoeg
          • Blocker bug confirmed in 2.1.4-pl and fixed. 2.1.5-pl will be out very soon to address this issue which WILL affect any site using more than one Context.

For more information, see http://bugs.modx.com/issues/6014 and the patch is available at https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/commit/95af31587ff6c4996f209dafe590b3fe798de07a in the meantime.

If you updated to 2.1.4-pl, saved a Resource and all your Resources now appear in the Context of the Resource you saved, you will need to restore your data from backup and then upgrade to 2.1.5-pl OR repair the Resources manually after patching/updating your release to 2.1.5-pl.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Update: 2.1.5 is now available.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 90 Posts
                The problem i have persists latest version 2.1.5

This trouble started after running the update from 2.1.3 to 2.4.1
                any change to the website will kill it both front and back.
                Removing the file: core/cashe/system_settings/config.cache.php will make it run again.
                I guess every change to the cache will corrupt this cash-file ?….

Sommige mensen hebben aan een half woord genoeg
                • Quote from: hurby at Nov 10, 2011, 06:56 PM
                  The problem i have persists latest version 2.1.5

This trouble started after running the update from 2.1.3 to 2.4.1
                  any change to the website will kill it both front and back.
                  Removing the file: core/cashe/system_settings/config.cache.php will make it run again.
                  I guess every change to the cache will corrupt this cash-file ?….

I think something else must be wrong with your upgrade. I cannot reproduce this behavior at all. Please start a separate thread in the proper forum to explore issues you are experiencing any release of MODX Revolution 2.1

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.