We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 92 Posts
    Centos 4 (soon to be 5 on this server)
    modx 2.1.3-pl advanced (reports traditional in the upper left, but advanced in system info)
    mysql 4.1.2 (also soon to be updated)
    PHP 5.2.17

Issue: on creation of a snippet or clicking a snippet to edit, the display pane simply displays a 1, see attached.

This is a brand new install, someone tried to move it from another server and the manager wouldn't load, after an hour or so of futzing with it I did a database dump, nuked the whole site, then a clean new install (not upgrade.) I checked the .sql for path issues, fixed them, imported the database, and everything appears to be working fine.

Except this. smiley Fortunately this site needs no snippets, I stumbled on it addressing some non-modX issue and wrote a small snippet just to print something out.

The snippets are fine, they save, it's only when going in to edit one.

No errors in the error_log in manager.

FURL's are enabled and working fine.

• Sounds like you did not make sure all the existing files were writable by PHP when you upgraded to 2.1.3 via the advanced install. If they are, the files will not all be properly overwritten and you will have a mixture of files from the version you are installing and the previous version you had installed.
        • 92 Posts
        Thanks, but to avoid that I specifically nuked the entire site. Everything, a fresh install, then imported the DB over the default files. Got full "OK" 's at the writable check screen on the install.