We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Hello folks, I moved my modx site to a new hosting company, and at the same time, changed the root of the modx installation. The base URL used to be "/beta/" before, and is now "/".

I followed step by step http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server that guide. Every conf file was seeked and all paths changed so that /beta/ gets totally removed.

Altough, trying to show the manager ( e.g going to ROOT/manager/ ) the following shows up :

Warning: include_once(/core/model/modx/modx.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/c91c145a96df0238d3651b29d9fe7bbc/web/manager/index.php on line 47

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/core/model/modx/modx.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php/lib/php') in /home/www/c91c145a96df0238d3651b29d9fe7bbc/web/manager/index.php on line 47

Warning: include(/core/error/unavailable.include.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/c91c145a96df0238d3651b29d9fe7bbc/web/manager/index.php on line 48

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/core/error/unavailable.include.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php/lib/php') in /home/www/c91c145a96df0238d3651b29d9fe7bbc/web/manager/index.php on line 48
    Site temporarily unavailable!

all those seeked files of course exist in the requested directories. Please help.
    Thanks, Romain
      • 24,544 Posts
      It sounds like you did an upgrade install -- if not, try that.

Try deleting all files in the core/cache directory and clearing your browser cache and cookies.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 170 Posts
        That happened to me also :

As Bobby said :

Run an upgrade install,
        Go to you cache directory and delete everything in there (don't be shy, it is not dangerous),
        Verify your access owner's rights to the file tree, I had trouble moving sites and changing the name of the unix owner.

Hope this helps.

Philippe
          • 265 Posts
          Hi
          I've had a similar dilemma when I moved from a test development directory called /beta/ to root, so I moved back to /beta for the time being.

I'd like to know about database records for the '/beta/' install - do all instances of 'beta' need to be removed before the site is moved from the /beta/ subdirectory to root, or will the upgrade install remedy this?

I've checked the DB and there are the following table entries for /beta/:
          modx_manager_log: 44
          modx_system_settings: 7

There are none in the _workspaces table.

I've checked 'Update your Database' in this guide: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server
          but this only states "you may have to update the workspaces table".
          This is very different from the 'beta' entries I have in my db - i.e. none in _workspaces but multiple entries in other tables, as listed above.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
          Thanks in advance [ed. note: rootsdiv last edited this post 12 years ago.]
            • 1,572 Posts
            There's no need to do anything in the database now, just open the core >> config file and do a search and replace for /beta ( replace it with nothing ) and that will leave a trailing / ( presuming your install is in the root ).

Then log in via FTP and delete everything in the core >> cache folder, the site should work on the live domain now.
              • 265 Posts
              Hi, thanks for getting back.
              All fine and dandy now - I followed the 'Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server' instructions word-for-word, which I prob didn't do before :O

Cheers!