We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 100 Posts
    My website had formit version 1.5.4 and my form worked great but...

i needed a newer version for tha validation functionalities. But when i did the upgrade i noticed that i didn't recieve any emails anymore.

I removed formit entirely and installed the new 2.0.2 version.
    It installed without any errors. Everything goes great but I still recieved no emails.

There are no errors in de log

The only thing i can see that is a difference between the old version and the new version are the permissions on the server. Because the old version was installed on a dev server and then copied to a production server using an ftp account.
    The 2.0.2 version, was installed using package management on the production server. And there is a difference in user and group for the ownership. Can this has to do with my issue? And how can i solve this so that my forms are working again.
      • 151 Posts
      Have you tried reinstalling the old version of Formit? You can download legacy versions here: http://modx.com/extras/package/formit

If everything works again, you may have found a bug in Formit... Otherwise, are you using the default PHP sendmail or custom SMTP settings? Depending on your production server...sometimes they don't play well with PHP sendmail...and if that's the case, I'd suggest you try it with SMTP settings.

-Jared

Other things that would be helpful would be to paste your Formit call, as well as any custom hooks..