We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Guys post your CSS practices here so we can share it and discuss what works best in terms of CSS practices with MODX.
      I'm a front-end developer who is very keen on the modern web; skillful in hand-coded HTML & CSS; ♥ jQuery, web standards, open source.
      • 7 Posts
      It's been circling around the web specially in the circle of Front-End Developers. Jonathan Snook shared his practices on CSS and he called it Scalable and Modular Architecture for CSS

SMACSS (pronounced "smacks") is more style guide than rigid framework. There's no library within here for you to download or install. SMACSS is a way to examine your design process and as a way to fit those rigid frameworks into a flexible thought process. It's an attempt to document a consistent approach to site development when using CSS. And really, who isn't building a site with CSS these days?! Feel free to take this in its entirety or use only the parts that work best for you. Or don't use it at all. I understand that this won't be everybody's cup of tea. When it comes to web development, the answer to most questions is "it depends".

Dive into SMACSS
        I'm a front-end developer who is very keen on the modern web; skillful in hand-coded HTML & CSS; ♥ jQuery, web standards, open source.