We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I´d like to generate pdf´s from several resources but haven´t found a plugin for Revo.
    Now I´m testing the pdfBridge plugin. It works, but not automatically ...

My problem:
    The resource content was loaded by getResources from other resources and I don´t know how to show that content in the pdf. Any ideas or other solutions for pdf generation in mode Revo?

Thanks!
      • 34 Posts

Hi,
      I haven't used the PDFBridge plugin but it sounds pretty cool - will check it out...

I haven't integrated this with Modx either, but DomPDF is good for generating PDFs from HTML.
      It works using CSS2 declarations.

http://code.google.com/p/dompdf/

You could loop over/parse your Resources/Chunk, and then pass the returned string to DomPDF.

Without knowing how the PDFs need to be used in your application, its hard to say if this would be right for your purposes, but you could certainly push each of the PDFs to a folder and create a download link that could be displayed in the Resource itself.

One limitation to note - DomPDF doesn't handle floats very well...

Thanks
      Danny
      • I have been trying to implement pdfBridge into my website and it seemed to work fine.. until I saw that some of the TVs are not being shown. I have 7 TVs that are type richt text and contain basic html. The first one gets processed, then the next 2 show me the TV placeholder eg. [[+name]], then the 4th one gets processed, then the 5th and 6th show me the placeholder, then the 7th gets processed. I checked the TV settings and all are identical.

Anyone else tried out pdfBridge??? Any solutions to this??

Thanks,
        Ben
          Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
        • I found out that the reason that it was not working was because some of the TVs had an empty space on the end of their names. I deleted the empty space and it worked fine.
            Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.