We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi, I need help with setting up ajaxSearch on website that I'm working on. I'm not good with websites or something like java, and this is not a commercial project, I'm just helping out my institution to agree design with our parent institution, so I only did a few graphics and changing content. Anyway, I tried something, but not very much, I don't even know where to start, so any help would be great. I have ajaxSearch 1.91 and 1.92, but I need help where to put that files and help with some code. I have setup a test page to try to make it work, it only has a few pages and I'm not really sure that this could work.
    The test page is at http://probaosue.onlinewebshop.net/ .
    So, if anyone can take a look and could help me in any way that would be great. Thanks.
      • 3 Posts
      Hi, i didn't have time to check this out, but I did something the other day. I installed modx localy and created few templates just to try ajaxSearch, and it kind of works, but I have a problem with characters, at least I guess it's about that. I think the problem is with page titles, and because this web site is in serbian language, it is in cyrilic alphabet and I think that is the problem, even if the the browser displays page titles ok, in cyrilic. I read here that maybe it's something with tinyMCE or whatever the name of the editor is, but I am not sure what to do with it to change this behavior. Anyway, my english is not so good to explain all this, so I uploaded the image and if anyone can check it out and, maybe, help me out a bit. Here is the link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/sajtpocetnasmall.jpg/
      Thanks.
        • 3 Posts
        So, no help for me i guess smiley. Anyway, i tried some different character sets, but it doesn't work, and when I change the resource(document) name to latin it works better, but it only search in resource name, not the content. Maybe I am doing something wrong, so here is what I did from the beginning. I installed modx evo, made some templates and just paste the whole code from my web page into a template and created new page in modx and used the template i created. I copied my css and images into assets folder, and anyway the web page displays fine. I did this for 3 or 4 pages, so I created the template for every page. Here is the code for ajaxSearch:
        <!-- start AjaxSearch header -->
        <script type="text/javascript">
        //<![CDATA] asvar=new Array();asvar[0]='{"vsn":"1.9.2","adv":"oneword","sub":"","bxt":"Упишите реч...","cfg":"&extract=`0` &ajaxMax=`10` &moreResultsPage=`6` "}';//]]>
        </script>
        <!-- end AjaxSearch header -->

Here is the code for search form:
        <div id="search">
        <form id="ajaxSearch_form" action="index.php?id=1" method="post">
            <fieldset>
            <input type="hidden" name="advsearch" value="oneword" />
            <label>
              <input id="ajaxSearch_input" class="cleardefault" type="text" name="search" value="Упишите реч..." onfocus="this.value=(this.value=='Упишите реч...')? '' : this.value ;" />
            </label>
            <label>
         <input id="ajaxSearch_submit" type="submit" name="sub" value="Тражи" />
          </label>
         </fieldset>
        </form>
        <p class="ajaxSearch_intro" id="ajaxSearch_intro"></p>
        <div id="ajaxSearch_output" class="init"></div></div>

So, is it possible to make ajaxSearch work with cyrilic characters. I can also copy here code from web page if that helps. Anyway, any help would be great, just to start from somewhere. Thanks.