We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,098 Posts
    I don't know why MODX Evolution is still using the old TinyMCE skin, I think that the o2k7 silver variant Skin looks way better. To change the skin, go to "Elements > Manage Elements > Plugins > TinyMCE", open the Tab "Configuration", and in the "Custom Parameters" field add the following:
    skin : "o2k7", 
    skin_variant : "silver"

That's it! If this does not work I think you should go to "Tools > Configuration > Interface & Features" and in the "Theme" dropdown, select "Custom".

Back on "Elements > Manage Elements > Plugins > TinyMCE", you may also like to change the order of TinyMCE buttons, this can be done on the "Web Plugins" and Web Buttons 1,2,3,4 field.

My current settings are:
    Web Plugins:
    style,advimage,advlink,searchreplace,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media

Web Buttons 1:
    undo,redo,selectall,|,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,nonbreaking,hr,charmap,|,image,link,unlink,anchor,media,|,cleanup,removeformat,|,fullscreen,code,help

Web Buttons 2:
    bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,sub,sup,|,|,blockquote,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,|,styleprops