We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 92 Posts
    Familiar with snippets but am playing with a few plugins and most of them refer to a "Configuration Tab." I know (or, have gathered) the "configuration tab" went away in Revo and is only an Evo element (correct?)

So what is the location or method to manage plugin "configuration" in Revo? Or is this evidence that these plugins aren't compatible with Revo?

Real example is the Mobile Template Switcher, docs say:

// add the usecookie and template argument to the Configuration
    // &usecookie=Use Cookie;list;no,yes;no
    // &template=Mobile Template;text;'mobile'

Tried the same markup as for snippets, FAIL. smiley

[ [ ! MobileTemplateSwitcher &usecookie=`Use Cookie;list;no,yes;no` &template=`Mobile Home;text;mobile` ] ] [ed. note: rocknbil last edited this post 12 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      The odds are that if you can't download a snippet or plugin through Package Manager, it won't work in Revolution. There may be a port or a replacement version of Template Switcher, I'm not sure.

Generally, the configuration of plugins is done on the "Properties" tab in Revo, though there are sometimes configuration options on a CMP under the Components menu.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting