We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    I'm using Revo 2.1.3

The listing in Resources is blank all of a sudden if I am logged in with the main manager administrator. If I login to manager as another user (that has admin access on resources) I can see the listing tree,

With the main administrator account, it looks like jQuery pulls in the Resource list briefly (i.e. there is a transparent arrow beside "web") but then the triangle disappears and all there is in the listing is the word "Web".

I've tried selecting "web" and expanding - and collapsing the ltree. Logging out and logging back in. Tried from different browsers. I've cleared the cache and flushed permissions and all sessions.

I checked the error log and here are the last two entries.

[2011-09-26 20:25:13] (ERROR @ /NEW/manager/index.php) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/en/core/topmenu
    [2011-09-26 20:25:17] (ERROR @ /NEW/manager/index.php) Error caching script elements/modplugin/1

The last thing I did before I noticed the problem was install Fancybox but the problem may have been there before that - (I haven't added any resources for a while)
    I can still edit/save resources if I go in through Profile=>Recent Resources.

Any ideas?
      • 4 Posts
      Solved my issue. Will leave here in case others face this.

It seems when I created an Editor Role that had permissions to add/edit/delete resources, I need to give the super-user the Editor Role as well as the default admin role. That seems a little odd and it's possible it is not true but when I added the Editor Role to the administrator, the Resource Tree reappeared.
        • 24,544 Posts
        Ray, Resources, even if they're in a resource group are unprotected by default until they are connected to a user group.

Whenever you connect a resource group with a user group using a Resource Group Access ACL entry, it "protects" that resource group. No one else can see the resources in that group unless they're given explicit permission to do so. The same goes for contexts you create.

I generally recommend adding the admin Super User to every User Group with a policy of Administrator and a role of Super User. That will make sure the admin can always see and do everything.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting