We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Not sure if this is related to the website being down for maintenance, but I am unable to install new packages from the Package Manager. The following is the error that shows up in the Error Log:

[2011-09-22 03:15:02] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages-rest.php) MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.

I checked and allow_url_fopen is enabled and curl is also enabled, so I am not sure where else to take a look to resolve the issue.
      Kritoke
      • 1,336 Posts
      Its this bug probably http://bugs.modx.com/issues/5086
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 17 Posts
        Its not a WAMP box, but a Linux hosted environment, but one of the errors has this in it: "mysite.com/core/model/modx/modmanagerresponse.class.php : 366) PHP warning: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect" so it may be related to the error with open_basedir restriction.
          Kritoke
          • 1,336 Posts
          Yep, that's the one, the bug report is a little misleading in the way it mentions WAMP, it just so happens it was reported by a user on a WAMP box, it actually applies to all open_basedir restricted servers. No workaround at the mo I'm afraid other than downloading the package and doing a local install.
            Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
            • 17 Posts
            I submitted a ticket to my webhost to see if maybe they can change some sort of configuration setting (we will see, they always seem to be pretty good with getting things to work).
              Kritoke
              • 17 Posts
              The folks at my web host did not figure out how to fix the issue.
                Kritoke