We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi,
    I have a chunk to process output relevant posts link from the TVs.
    <a class="right" href="[[~[[*parents]]]]">>>More</a>

This is working on the website, but in error log it keeps saying `[[*parents]]` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl().

And other error from `[[+id` is not a valid integer and may not be passed to makeUrl().

<a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" title="[[+longtitle]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a>

How can I disable these errors, because it doesnt affect my website at all. [ed. note: nepheus last edited this post 12 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 863 Posts
      I'm not sure if the forum has messed up your tags (always wrap them in code tags) but none of the above are valid.

Try:
      // generate link to resource 7
      <a href="[[~7]]">More</a>

// generate link to resource from placeholder
      <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">More</a> 

`[[+id`   
      // should be:
      `[[+id]]` 

• Thanks for your quick reply/

Yes, that's what I'm using at the moment:

<a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" title="[[+longtitle]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a>

And

<a class="right" href="[[~[[*parents]]]]">&raquos;More</a>

dont know why I keep getting those errors. My argument is true by the way...
        • Um, I got one making those messing errors
          <a href="[[~[[+id?&scheme=`full`]]]]" title="[[+longtitle]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a>

It should be

<a href="[[~[[+id]]?&scheme=`full`]]" title="[[+longtitle]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a>

About the latter, I dont know why. Do I really have to write a small snippet to return an ID instead?
            • 863 Posts
            Cool, so first is fixed now you are wondering about this:
            <a class="right" href="[[~[[*parents]]]]">&raquos;More</a>

What is the value of
            [[*parents]]

The 's' made me think there might be more than one id in there; if that's the case it won't work...
            • Yup,
              I think that's because of my TV *parents is a multi-ids variable, so I have to change it to single-id. Well, I just add it there to improve listing posts cross categories later, but now I'm still using one id for each resource. Perhaps it outputs idx and a commas or something? I'll check again.
              It's great and amazing that the web still work with those little errors.
              Thanks for your help. wink