We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hello,

I am a beginner with Modx. At the moment i am building two websites who both need the possibility for font rezising. I us two different javascripts and i am experiencing the same problem...

That is: ... With URL friendly turned OFF and the original ht.access file in place, switching between (main)pages (topnavigation) and subnavigation (sidebar) goes perfect. The font size i choose gets stored and remembered as it should be...

But... when i turn ON friendly url's... creating the .htaccess file and test the site it goes wrong:

When clicking on main buttons from the (top) navigation, the font size, when i change it, are only remembered for that page and all the subpages that fall under it... Clicking on another (topnav)button the default fontsize is displayed... The page i was and where i did the font increasing ... when i go back to that page the changed size is remembered...

Very strange... turning of friendly url's ... everything works fine...

Anybody has an idea? Is it the .htaccess file? php.ini? Cache configuration? (?)

I am not a programmer... Modx isn't easy when finding solutions.. haha..
    Googled everywhere, docs, books...

I hope someone here can give me a hint!

Thanks,
    Maurice
    • Are you working on localhost or production side? I sometimes have the cache problem with www.yourdomain.com, and yourdomain.com. You might want take a look at the .htaccess then edit to simulate the www.yourdomain.com to yourdomain.com or vice-versa.
        • 2 Posts
        Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
        I have now fixed it, and i was just about to tell it here...
        The problem was in the system settings. I turned of the use friendly alias path...
        and it worked well!