We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 149 Posts
    Hello,

First excuse my English, french is my first language.

I tried both solutions and none works correctly.

1) var mce_extended_valid_elements = "figure [class], figcaption";
    no html5 tags in the format list and when I code html5 tags in the html mode and return to tinyMce mode all html5 tags are replace by a <p> tags;

2) Tiny.config.valid_elements = "* (*)";
    no html5 tags in the format list and when I code html5 tags in the html mode and return to tinyMce mode all html5 stil there, but the only way to change any tag, is to go back to the html mode.

More Modx sites are designed with html 5 and content publishers need to be able to use html tags 5. Does anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thank you for your cooperation

Modx 2.2.5
    TinyMCE 4.3.3
    PHP : 5.2.13
    MySQl : 5.1.44
    MAMP PRO
      • 72 Posts
      I put
      var mce_extended_valid_elements = "-article"
      in my Evo: 'assets/plugins/tinymce/js/xconfig.js, so it stopped deleting the article tag. But tinyMCE then includes it in a <p> tag. Furthermore, it adds a new one any time I open its html editor, like this:
      <p> </p>
      <p> </p>
      <p><article>
      article test</article></p>

I think I have to tell to tinyMCE that article is a block element, like div, but I don't know how.
      Any help?
      Mine is the TinyMCE version: 3.3.9.2 (2010-09-29) on MODx Evo 1.0.6 [ed. note: andrearicci last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
        MODx evo 1.5~1.6 ✪ Apache v 2.2.22 ✪ PHP v 5.3.10 ✪ MySQL v 5.1.61
        <°'iiii);
        • 49 Posts
        Quote from: christianhanvey at Sep 12, 2011, 07:43 PM

Locate the config file for TinyMCE, and update the mce_extended_valid_elements variable to include the elements you need.
        The config file is located:
        In Evo: 'assets/plugins/tinymce/js/xconfig.js'
        In Revo: 'assets/components/tinymce/xconfig.js'

var mce_extended_valid_elements = "figure[class],figcaption";

Hi, i added figure and figcaption, as stated in your comment, but as soon as i refresh the modx editor page, it deletes those tags. but in my html site, figure and figcaption are correct. using revo 2.5.6 and tinymce 4.3.3