We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    When I log into MODx manager, the only visible item below the navigation bar is the Info dialog box (the left panel with Resources, Elements and Files is missing) - at this point the manager no longer functions. I can't get to any other part of the manager, and I cannot logout. This happens on Mac on Firefox and Chrome. We are using CloudFlare, and have noticed that the problem with MODx may be connected to that. Is that a possibility? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Is this new, or has it been like that since installed?

Have you messed with the permission system at all?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1 Posts
        The same thing just happened to me, and cloudflare was indeed the culprit. I fixed it by going into the cloudflare settings and making these changes:

Basic Security Level > Essentially Off
        Caching Level > Basic
        Auto Minify > None
        Browser Integrity Check > Off
        Purge Cache

I don't know which of them made the difference, but the manager loads completely now. Hope this helps!
          • 3 Posts
          I had the same problem and did some tests: The problem is only from auto minifying javascript, in case that someone else wonder why the manager doesn't seems to work with cloudflare activated. The manager in MODX rely heavely on Extjs.
            • 3 Posts
            Thank you for your replies to this! Our cloudflare settings have been changed, and it's nice to know the specific cause. We have not been having the issue since.
              • 1 Posts
              Hi. the issue seems to be happening, still.
              I am running Revolution 2.2.0, and I cannot access the manager page.
              I have recently moved to Cloudflare.
              I was in the process of re-installing MODX, and bumped into this.
              I now need to change the settings in Cloudflare, to see if they work.
              I will report back as soon as I do it.
              YEP. I t looks like a combination of ROCKETLOADER and AUTOMINIFY causes MODX-manager not to load properly. I have attached the setting that makes the issue go away.
              I have notified the Cloudflare team, sending them the snapshot too, hoping there will be a fix. [ed. note: foggia1968 last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]