We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    If you want to use Friendly URLs and have a hyphenated domain name like I do; alpha-byte.ca. You may end up having an issue showing any of your pages other than the first page. I had this problem and here's what I did to solve it.

In the ht.access file, which should be renamed to .htaccess if you turn on Friendly URLs, there is a line there that looks like this:
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L, QSA]

Only if you have a hyphen in your domain name should you do this, but try adding a "/" after the "^" like this:
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L, QSA]
      "The problem with troubleshooting is sometimes trouble shoots back." - Unk.
      • 17 Posts
      PS: Not sure why this step is necessary for a hyphenated domain name. I just know that it worked for my site and I wanted to help other modx users not waste the entire days worth of time I lost.

"Vive la Revolution!!" laugh
        "The problem with troubleshooting is sometimes trouble shoots back." - Unk.
        • 249 Posts
        Interesting... i have MODx'ed sites with hyphenated domain names and haven't had any issues with FURLs using stock htaccess. Probably hosting related.

Not exactly sure how the forward slash helps with hyphenated domain names, other than omitting the first slash in the replacement string. But as long as it works for you, that's all that counts. smiley
          lo9on.com

MODx Evolution/Revolution | Remote Desktop Training | Development
          • 1,572 Posts
          I've also got - in my domain name with no issues with friendly url's ( both evo and revo )