We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I'm using revo 2.1.3pl and all my snippets are latest versions. There are several snippets that I'm having similar problems with, and despite spending hours trying everything I can think of there seems to be no solution.

Quip displays fine, and comments can be submitted - but nothing else happens - no emails are sent & no un-approved comments appear in the manager.
    Gallery seems to install properly - but will not save any albums.

It seems there is a problem with saving data in some way. I've checked file permissions for the assets/components/folders of both snippets & they are 755. I do have formit, taglister, wayfinder & other snippets working without problems, so it's not a fatal site-wide error ...

If anyone has any wisdom I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for any help.

Rob
      • 24,544 Posts
      Sometimes the permissions on the core/cache directory can be an issue. Also, ownership of directories can be an issue on some servers, though I've never experienced it.

You might also check to see if mod_security is on -- that can cause problems like the ones you're seeing.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 81 Posts
        Hi BobRay,
        thanks for the suggestions - I checked the core/cache directory & permissions seem to be either 755 or 644 (for some files. Would that be right?
        Ownership of directories is not a problem as I can change, add & delete directories.

I looked to see about mod_security, but could not find it anywhere - looked at Reports / System Info & phpinfo().

I'm still clearly a noob!

Rob

ps looking forward to getting a copy of your book
          • 24,544 Posts
          Are you previewing from the manager when this happens? The reason I ask is that when previewing, you're not logged into the Web context and may not have the appropriate permissions.

Even if you're not previewing, permissions in Web context could be an issue.
            My MODX Extras
            • 81 Posts
            Hi BobRay,
            I'm definitely feeling like a noob now - what you said went over my head.

I've been logged into the manager (using firefox), but opened another browser (Chrome) to go to the site & make comments using an email address not linked to my manager account. Quip hasn't processed any emails to notify me, either as visitor or manager, of the comments - yet the page shows that a comment is awaiting approval, it even shows a previously made but unapproved comment!

The most urgent problem is getting Gallery to work - I just can't create albums

Rob
              • 24,544 Posts
              Have you tested the email system? If not, download QuickEmail and see if the mail is working at all.

Sorry if I confused you. I don't use Gallery or Quip so I took a look at the docs. It doesn't look like MOD security permissions are involved.

You did check the "active" box and clicked on the "Save" button in Gallery when you created your album right?

My MODX Extras
                • 81 Posts
                Thanks BobRay,
                emails from the formit based contact page work (I just checked, using Chrome - bothe emails arrived).

Yes, I did check active & save - I have Gallery working on a separate sub-domain install.

I might have to look at how to incorporate that content into my main site - I'm photographing a local rural show over the next 2 days & will have hundreds of photo's to upload & display. I started trying to sort this out 3 weeks ago - frustrating. Sorry, end of rant.

Thanks for help ;:)
                Rob