We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 136 Posts
    I'm trying to help someone that has a form built using eForm on Modx Evo 1.0.5.

The ccsender option sends an email to the address entered in the form just fine, but I can't seem to get it to send an email to the &to or &cc emails, or to the email in the Modx system settings when I don't use &to. I've tried using an email address that's on the server as well as a couple different gmail emails. None of them will get the email when it's set as the &to or &cc email, but will receive it fine when I fill the address in on the form.

I'm not quite sure if it's a coding issue, or something with the server I'm on. But here's what the relevant codes look like:

ContactForm chunk
    <p class="error">[+validationmessage+]</p>

<form method="post" action="[~[*id*]~]" id="ContactForm">

<fieldset>

<input name="formid" type="hidden" value="ContactForm" />
    <br>
    		<label for="cfName">Your name:
    <br>
    		<input name="name" id="cfName" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Your Name::1:" /> </label>
    <br><br>
    		<label for="cfEmail">Your Email Address:
    <br>
    		<input name="email" id="cfEmail" class="text" type="text"  size="40" eform="Email Address:email:1" /> </label>
    <br><br>
    		<label for="cfRegarding">Regarding:</label>
    <br>
    		<select name="subject" id="cfRegarding" eform="Form Subject::1">
    			<option value="General Inquiries">General Inquiries</option>
    			<option value="Product">Product Inquiries</option>
    			<option value="Feedback">Feedback</option>
    		</select>
    <br><br>
    		<label for="cfMessage">Message: 
    <br>
    		<textarea name="message" id="cfMessage" rows="6" cols="40" eform="Message:textarea:1"></textarea>
    		</label>
    <br><br>
    		<label> </label><input type="submit" name="contact" id="cfContact" class="button" value="Send This Message" />

</fieldset>

</form>

ContactFormReport chunk
    This is a response sent by <b>[+name+]</b> using the feedback form on this website. The details of the message follow below:<br />
     <br />
    Name: [+name+] <br />
    Email: [+email+] <br />
    Regarding: [+subject+] <br />
    Comments: <br />
    [+message+] <br />
      <br />
    You can use this link to reply: <a href="mailto:[+email+]?subject=RE: [+subject+]">[+email+]</a>

Snippet call on the page
    [!eForm? &formid=`ContactForm` &subject=`[+subject+]` &ccsender=`1` &tpl=`ContactForm` &report=`ContactFormReport` &gotoid=`46`!]

Thank you for the help.
      • 2,310 Posts
      Not sure if I understand, but if IIRC you must use the &to parameter and then optionally &cc=`[email protected]` and or &bcc=`[email protected]`
      There used to be a bug that &cc wouldn't work but &bcc would, but I think that was fixed sometime ago.
        • 136 Posts
        Sorry, I was a little confusing.

The &to parameter isn't working when used on its own, nor will the email send when I leave the &to parameter out (I think it's supposed to use the email that's in the Modx system settings then?). Using &cc was just something else I had tried to get the email to send to the account I need it to. So none of those methods are working.

However, the ccsender parameter works fine, and will send emails to any of the addresses I've been trying when I fill them in on the form. It just won't send the form to any of them when I use them inside the &to parameter (I tried them all one at a time for testing purposes, not in a multi-email list).

Hopefully that makes a little more sense now. Thanks for your help!
          • 2,310 Posts
          That sounds very strange.
          Are you sure you're using

i.e. backticks & a valid email, (perhaps try one from that domain and one from another)?
          Otherwise it may be an obscure server restriction somewhere.
            • 136 Posts
            Yeah, that's what I've been using. Just to make sure I even copied and pasted what you gave me, and plugged in the email address. I'm still having the same problem.

I'll contact the host, since it's a very weird issue. All of the accounts I've been trying are receiving mail fine otherwise, just not from the form.

Thank you for the help.
              • 136 Posts
              I have to bring this thread back from the dead. I'm still having this issue (I thought it was resolved). It's on the same website still, but here is updated information:

Modx Evolution 1.0.5
              eForm 1.4.4.6

Tpl Chunk:

<fieldset>

<br>
              <br>
              		<input name="name" id="cfName" class="text" type="text" size="40" eform="Your Name::1:" /> </label>
              <br><br>
              <br>
              		<input name="email" id="cfEmail" class="text" type="text"  size="40" eform="Email Address:email:1" /> </label>
              <br><br>
              <br>
              		</select>
              <br><br>
              <br>
              		<textarea name="message" id="cfMessage" rows="6" cols="40" eform="Message:textarea:1"></textarea>
              		</label>
              <br><br>
              		<label> </label><input type="submit" name="contact" id="cfContact" class="button" value="Send This Message" />

</fieldset>

</form>

Report Chunk:

<fieldset>

<br>
              <br>
              <br><br>
              <br>
              <br><br>
              <br>
              		</select>
              <br><br>
              <br>
              		</label>
              <br><br>

</fieldset>

</form>

eForm Snippet Call
              [!eForm? &formid=`ContactForm` &to=`[email protected]` &subject=`[+subject+]` &ccsender=`1` &tpl=`ContactForm` &report=`ContactFormReport` &gotoid=`46`!]

The form will send the email to the ccsender address, but not the address that's in the &to parameter. I've tried email address on the server, and things like Gmail address. All of them work when entered into the form and sent through the ccsender parameter, just not in the &to parameter.

I've tried re-installing eForm with no luck. I'm still pretty stumped.

Hopefully someone has some ideas!
                • 928 Posts
                Try a different name for the "Your Email Address:" INPUT field. If you call it "email", it may be overwriting the &to parameter within eForm's main included code.
                :) KP
                  • 136 Posts
                  I don't think that changed anything. I tried changing it to this:

<label for="cfVisitorEmail">Your Email Address:
                  <input name="visitoremail" id="cfVisitorEmail" class="text" type="text"  size="40" eform="Email Address:email:1" /> 
                  </label>

It's been so long since I've used eForm, I'm not 100% that's even how it's supposed to be.

It did break the &ccsender functionality, but I think that's just because it looks for an input named email to send it to. I remember there being a way to change what field it looks for, I just can't remember it. Though I'm more concerned about getting emails to the main email address than sending a copy at the moment.
                    • 1 Posts
                    Hey guys, I'm having the same issue ... did anyone found a solution for this?