We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Over a year in the works, MODX: The Official Guide by Bob Ray is a 772 page reference for all things MODX. This is the first publication by our own in-house MODX Press and we're tremendously proud to put our name on it.

As a long-standing MODX community member, guide and mentor, Bob Ray has a perspective that no outside author could. This depth enabled him to create an excellent foundation resource for the beginner and a detailed reference for experienced MODXers. The book focuses on MODX Revolution, however, many of the concepts explained apply to MODX Evolution.

Quote from: splittingred
    This book stands alone in its comprehensive coverage of the fundamentals of MODX. Whether you're a site builder, designer or down-and-dirty developer, this book is a must-have.

If you want to take a look to see what's inside the book, check out the free sample chapter available for download on the book page.

Pre-order and save $10 off the regular cover price of $59. All pre-order purchases qualify for a deep discount on the electronic edition when available. Get your copy of MODX: The Official Guide now.
      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
      • 2 Posts
      Do you ship the book to Germany or is it restricted to some countries?
        • 123 Posts
        I'm only interested in the "electronic edition" (ideally in PDF). Any ideas when this will be available?
          • 4 Posts
          @cwk1989
          If the book is possible to ship to Ukraine, i think you will not have problems with Germany.
            • 2 Posts
            @otherone
            Thank you for the information.
              • 24,544 Posts
              TBH, I think it may be a while before the e-version is out. There are some thorny problems with making it possible to paste code from the book and some other issues as well that need to be worked out.

Bear in mind that if you pre-order the book soon, you'll have the information now and will get a big discount on the e-version when it comes out.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • We're shipping globally. The proof copy of the book is due this week, and we should have that signed off and turned around pronto to release for the actual printing.
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 28 Posts
                  Like featherodd, I too am only interested in the electronic version of the book. I'm not sure what the issues are with copying & pasting code from the PDF - it seems to work just fine from the sample chapter. =)

Truly, I don't need any more big heavy things–including books–to lug around. What I do need is a fast, searchable electronic reference.

Making this book available electronically at a reasonable price (I suggest US$9.97) would blow your mind how much more it would do for the MODX bottom line, not only in regard to sales but in regard to expanding the MODX user base.

Do some price split-testing if you don't believe me. wink

More reasons to make the electronic version a major priority

In no particular order:

• MODX user instant gratification after purchase
                  • Virtually no overhead expenses for distribution
                  • No printing costs
                  • No huge old books to recycle in a few years
                  • No trees to waste
                  • Corrections and updates easy to fix and distribute
                  • It's now the second decade of the 21st century. wink
                  [ed. note: rafael last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
                    Rafael
                    • 230 Posts
                    Can you ship the book to Italy?
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Quote from: c at Sep 22, 2011, 11:14 AM
                      Can you ship the book to Italy?

I don't see why not. It's being shipped all over the world. wink

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras
                        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.